Gov. Kristi Noem peddles out-of-state dental work in high-cringe infomercial (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/12/gov-kristi-noem-peddles-out-of-state-dental-work-in-high-cringe-infomercial-video.html

5 Likes

This has got to violate some sort of ethics rule, right?

20 Likes

I’d hope so, but it’s entirely possible it doesn’t, because we chose to run some parts of government on morals and good behavior that we never felt people would go below.

11 Likes

Advertising works! I never heard of them before and I know who to avoid now, but that’s probably not their intention…

10 Likes

Republican leadership really needs to properly publicize their price-lists! For instance, we’ve only a vague sense of how much Jeff Yass just paid trump to utterly flip-flop on tik-tok. Or as Rachel Maddow points out just last evening how much did Anheuser-Busch slip trump to tell the maga crowd to immediately stop shooting at Bud-Lite cans and instead guzzle it by the gallon? And just for convenience sake can we please get Republican elected officials bribery prices on Amazon, alongside some purchaser reviews?? Some of us don’t have the phone numbers to every Republican’s seneschal (if you will) (“ey! Nice little consumer base ya gots there. Shame if’n we decided yer product was like all woke or sumping…”)

7 Likes

Apparently, NOTHING the GOP does anymore will get called out…

12 Likes

If it’s not, it should be. I mean come on.

8 Likes

That expression is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike a smile.

11 Likes

Not in Honest Don’s party of hucksters. Junior Samples showed more dignity.

8 Likes

I’m sure that voters love her helping to send business to another state.

9 Likes

It’s a good thing nobody in South Dakota has tried to criminalize someone crossing into another state for a routine medical procedure.

10 Likes

”Come to Honest Don’s! EZ Credit on a full set of Trump Teeth ! Make America’s Mouths Great Again! Terms subject to change without warning. Teeth may be repossessed at any time for any reason without anesthetic. Caveat friggin’ emptor, you bite, you buy’em. You want actual care? Don’t vote for Republicans.”

6 Likes
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.