The State of South Dakota wants you to know that it's on meth

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/19/kristi-noem-is-on-meth.html

6 Likes

I guess that explains the Corn Palace.

Seriously though how did they not see how this was going to go wrong?

10 Likes

They were on meth, duh! :rofl:

19 Likes

I literally cannot conceive of the alternative. They just had to have done this on purpose. I just…can’t otherwise. You know, like how the Trump admin has been an elaborate honeypot to expose American fascism and greed…right guys? right?

7 Likes

infinite facepalm
giphy

15 Likes

Yeah, but have you seen this infinite facepalm gif…on meth?

13 Likes

Their other choice was “Meth, it’s what’s for dinner,” but they got some push back from the beef people (aka the South Dakota Cow Collective).

8 Likes

Seriously. Watch the video. It’s brilliant. Unfortunately the knee-jerk reaction-machine that is social media in general, and Twitter specifically, will not look past the slogan to see the meaning behind it.

1 Like

I don’t know. That place looks like it kinda rules.

2 Likes

I tease the palace because I love it.
When I drove across the state it was actually a scheduled stop to see it. Very much worth going to see if you are driving through.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Again, I apologize for my state. yes meth is a problem here but damn, this one just… uugghhh

3 Likes

9 Likes

Was this a joint effort with the South Dakota Tourism Board?

5 Likes

They do have a point that we are indeed talking about meth use in South Dakota now, though I’m not sure how that actually helps address the problem.

7 Likes

South Dakota is very progressive, for a red state.

2 Likes

The campaign isn’t bad it just needs …

… a little tweaking

21 Likes

Also, people on meth don’t eat dinner.

2 Likes

6 Likes

7 Likes