This PSA told me that if you smoke pot, you might become flat (literally)

Originally published at: This PSA told me that if you smoke pot, you might become flat (literally) | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I knew that whole “Squashed by a bulletin board while he slept” thing was bullshit.

s-l500

4 Likes

So it’s evolved from responding slowly to not responding at all?

I wouldn’t answer if someone was harshing my buzz either, I guess. I’m high most evenings, and I seem to get things done.

13 Likes

Been that high, can confirm.

10 Likes

I mean couch lock is a thing but this takes indica/indacouch to a whole new level.

8 Likes

Well that explains the Doritos 3D commercial with Matthew McConaughey

3 Likes

Maybe getting high has enabled Sara to realize that you aren’t worth interacting with?

7 Likes

Dude, you should totally watch that stoned!

4 Likes

That had to be the worst flat anti-pot adever!

1 Like

So pot is really a weight loss tool, I’m’a go get high.

6 Likes

Well, I wasn’t going to try the evil weed, but that looks fun. Where do I sign up?!

2 Likes

My middle schooler’s science class just went through a two week unit about drugs. I’m enjoying asking about and learning all the things they are telling him (btw, his teacher is a Santa Cruz middle age surfer skater kinda guy who I’m certain has plenty first hand experience).

The teacher said he had three friends who used to deal in drugs. One’s dead, one’s in prison and the other is a successful plumbing business owner who, after a 60 day crime spree of burglary which landed him in the joint, got his act together and now makes bank.

I told my kid that what happens when you get any kind of conviction in the US is that you are now marked, even after “paying your debt to society”. No one will hire you. The only real avenue is starting your own business like this guy did. And this topic led us down to talking about criminal justice in the USA and all its shortcomings; it has many.

My kid is keenly aware of Nancy Reagan and her failed Just Say No BS from the 80s. In a few short years, I’ll be talking to my boy about Nancy’s ol’ man and his failed trickle down economics, also from the 80s.

7 Likes

Right this way to my GateWay Smoker Lounge! Snicker…

3 Likes

Plumbing and weed, together again.

2 Likes

One of the better non smoking campaigns. Flat is much more realistic than fried.

1 Like

My favorite quote on the subject is from south park, Randy explaining to his kid.
Weed wont hurt you but it makes it ok to be bored. When you’re bored is when you go try to do something to stimulate yourself

This is absolute truth

2 Likes

Teenagers are not that stupid. They can see right through bullshit propaganda like that. They know it’s a load of lies. More so now than in the past, since Internet.

I distinctly remember the “Just Say No” and DARE campaigns they put out in the 80s, and how that actually encouraged people to try drugs, because it was obvious the people putting out the ads were spewing a load of horse-shit lies about the effects of drugs. It quickly because “Dare to do drugs” to us teenagers at the time.

“This is your brain. This is your brain on drugs. And this is your brain on drugs with a side of bacon and toast.”

4 Likes

They ain’t far off. I feel like that for any strain with “purple” in its name.

4 Likes

DARE was a joke, and indeed everyone saw right through it. Also, I vividly recall DARE officers teaching us what kinds of drugs there were, how to use them, and where to buy them in addition to all the bad stuff they purportedly did to you. DARE was not a well thought out program.

I actually think this would be a great depression/mental health PSA with a few small changes. Namely calling out the drug use and disengagement with your life as a symptom, rather than as a cause.

2 Likes
1 Like