Grade-school gym nightmares: Go, You Chicken Fat, Go!

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/12/11/grade-school-gym-nightmares-g.html

1 Like

Yes, they played this in my elementary school gym class too. Hated every second of it. To this day, I can’t watch The Music Man without getting a little angry at Robert Preston.

3 Likes

Fat Shaming by Presidential Order.

2 Likes

Boy that brought back nightmarish horror from grade school.

3 Likes

I think I heard this on Dr Demento once.

3 Likes

Wow. Preston is unmistakable. I’m glad I was spared this in gym class, and I can still keep reasonably good memories of him.

I don’t really have any memories of calisthenics from '72 to '76, when I changed schools and our gym teacher used Stevie Wonder to help us get our groove on. The next year, I changed schools again and had a gym teacher that was making us disco dance and take up jogging. That I learned to hate.

1 Like

Our gym classes in the 80s got split up: the boys went to go do wrestling, and the girls got stuck in a small side gym with a TV/VCR and a Jane Fonda tape.

2 Likes

My brother hated this song so much, he scratched up our elementary school’s 45 of it, only to have it replaced by a fresh copy shortly after. :frowning:

1 Like

Weren’t those girls a little old for Roy Moore? That was Moore in the cowboy hat, right?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.