Gramps rocks MSCHF's Big Red Boots

Originally published at: Gramps rocks MSCHF's Big Red Boots | Boing Boing

2 Likes

‘Astro Boy’ boots; my kid told me about these.

$350+ a pop, hard pass.

15 Likes

This feels like the normie equvalant of wearing your fursuit’s feetpaws outside of the context of the furry con. Totally absurd. I’m all for it.

11 Likes

MSCHF rejected the idea that the boots were a joke. “It’s not a satire,” MSCHF said in a statement

Ok, now that’s funny. (I wonder just how straight a face was involved when claiming that, though…)

7 Likes

I need these for my Strongbad cosplay.

15 Likes

I need to try this on myself with vinyl shorts and nothing more.

7 Likes
3 Likes

As someone with perpetually cold toes, I want a pair of those.

As for the originals, wouldn’t it be nice if they came with a little flair?

4 Likes
1 Like

Papasmurf1

7 Likes

I guess they’re a little tall for Cuphead.

2 Likes

homestar-runner-strongbad-holycrap

6 Likes

Playmobil boots!

3 Likes

“Cartoonishness is an abstraction that frees us from the constraints of reality,” the press release for the boots read.
“If you kick someone in these boots, they go boing !” of course!

3 Likes

:frowning: Sadly, they are sold out, and they probably didn’t have them in my size anyway. :frowning:

1 Like

They remind me of the Mickey Mouse boots we had in the Army

2 Likes

What were those for? Like, rainy, muddy weather? :thinking: Are they rubber? Cause they look rubber?

3 Likes

Extreme cold weather. They’re rubber and have an air bladder inside that surrounds the foot. You can see the relief valve on the side instructing you to open the valve when in flight

3 Likes

Ah! Okay, thanks! I was wondering what that doo-hickey was!

Did you ever wear them in the field? How did they feel?

2 Likes

Yes, they’re pretty great. They really keep you warm but take a long time to warm up when they get cold so we would keep them in our sleeping bags while sleeping. They also have a stud on the heel to make it easier to wear them with snowshoes and skis (easier, not easy).

4 Likes