Red Wing recreated Mario's boots, in honor of Super Mario Bros. movie

Originally published at: Red Wing recreated Mario's boots, in honor of Super Mario Bros. movie | Boing Boing

5 Likes

They invented orthopedic shoes?

7 Likes

I would definitely wear those, if only I were a cartoon character.

2 Likes

Not for sale. :frowning: As much as people made fun of them, I thought those red cartoon Astroboy boots from a few weeks ago were pretty dope. Not $300 dope, and I wouldn’t wear them, but a cool idea nonetheless. They should use the same Croc-like material to make some of these. They’d sell a million of them.

3 Likes

I can see someone making them out of foam or doing some sewing and use some cotton filling and faux leather and build the Mario shoes over some existing footwear

2 Likes

I thought if they made them blue, they could sell more of them to Mega Man fans.

mega man running GIF by Xbox

3 Likes

So if they’re not for sale, could you at least rent them to use while making stir-fry?

After all, these boots were made for wokking.

3 Likes

spit take GIF

2 Likes

i want a pair. I WANT A PAIR.

2 Likes

What in the Hell is a “heritage” shoe brand?

Author doesn’t apparently know any blue collar folks. My dad worked in a car plant all his life and wore Red Wings steel toed boots every day, as did I when I worked in the plant during summers during college (they paid real well for kids who didn’t have a lot of otherwise marketable skills)

This will end up on a Kawaii product site. Trust me.

Perhaps as close as you’ll ever get. Safety shoe w/metatarsal guard:

1 Like

yeah, it’s close(r), but not quite the same, lol

Perhaps these, monsieur?

1 Like

Something like that would be great for walking around areas with cockle-burs or the little sticker seeds.

1 Like

hmm, no thanks. but those socks are pretty great, lol

1 Like

Not for sale? Booooooooooo-

ts

Not gonna buy until they include the sounds.

There’s never been a bad argyle. Never.

@gamingangelgabe: One of these days these boots are gonna let's a go wahoo