Grand Ouroboros Party

CreativeReflectingBoubou-size_restricted

11 Likes

I hope soā€¦ but Iā€™ll believe it when I see the network implodeā€¦

9 Likes

Lady Discovery is kin to Karma but faster on the uptake. Fox should have known better and settled as soon as possible, even if it did take an official retraction and a few million. If theyā€™d done that super early, the media coverage of the settlement would have gone away pretty quickly
Glad they didnā€™t. I hope this tears them apart

13 Likes

Yeah, the article feels a little like wishful thinking. Or ā€œdecent people with capacity for shame would feel anguish over thisā€.

I also hope itā€™s true, and I would love to see some more evidence of this anguish :smiling_imp: along the lines on an implosion.

9 Likes

It seems that from the stuff thatā€™s come out, that Carlson and others only care about the economic viability of the network, and their own bottomlinesā€¦ I have little doubt that people would just go find more fashy pastures should Fox implodeā€¦

11 Likes

Ding ding ding!
:trophy:

The part I find so utterly cognitively dissonant is that Fox News has periodically claimed that ā€œFox is entertainment, not newsā€ (aka the Alex Jones defense):

while ok ok yeah insisting that they are a ā€œnewsā€ ā€œoutletā€ WTFTM.

This bizarre song-and-dance gaslight-y shit only ā€œworksā€ on the public when unimaginably huge piles of money are used to warp space, time, politicians, agencies that ought to be holding them accountable, etc.

Sigh.

If only this statement were true:

From that Salon article, I found this interesting:

Trump himself is, in many ways, the typical Fox viewer: Elderly, obsessed with his baseless grievances, and hostile to anything resembling reality-based journalism. His response to all this has been telling. Unsurprisingly, he has a sociopathā€™s lack of remorse for getting Fox News into this situation in the first place, by making the Big Lie a thing their audience wanted to hear more of. Instead, heā€™s been raving on Truth Social about ā€œhow weak and ineffective Fox News isā€ and how they should defend themselves instead by doubling down on the lies, but this time in a court setting.

One can only imagine how things are going to go, if or when :tangerine: :clown_face: gets to the discovery phase in any of his pending cases.

15 Likes

star-trek-undiscovered-cry-havoc

15 Likes
10 Likes

True. Unfortunately, thereā€™s plenty of fasc in the media sea.

11 Likes

I found this mildly encouraging, though some of the people who Fox loses may, as MindySan said, go to a competing fascist news source.

6 Likes

Yeah, the people moving away from 4chan Fox are not going to CNN. They are going to 8kun Breitbart and kiwifarms OAN.

13 Likes

Breitbart News spokesperson Kurt Bardella stated in 2015 that the site ā€œis a for-profit operationā€.[48] The companyā€™s investors include computer scientist and hedge fund CEO Robert Mercer.[48]

Lucy Liu Vomit GIF

Buckle up yā€™allā€¦

10 Likes

:thinking:

4 Likes
7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.