Marjorie Taylor Greene hammers her already broken party, wants "Civil War in the GOP" (video)

Originally published at: Marjorie Taylor Greene hammers her already broken party, wants "Civil War in the GOP" (video) | Boing Boing

9 Likes

let them fight fighting GIF

36 Likes

You’d think she’d be grateful, living in a district where the majority of voters – thousands of people – are so stupid that they’d vote for her. But it’s never enough for fascists.

36 Likes

MTG is so bad at Civil Wars that she will consistently align herself with the losing side even after the war has been over for 150+ years.

32 Likes

I’m torn as to which is the more appropriate.

20 Likes
19 Likes

Cool, cool. Just keep your little civil war inside the Republican party.

29 Likes

Holy s**t! If this isn’t incitement, what is? Wouldn’t this be a violation of her oath of office?

25 Likes

At least, that part is not wrong.

Perhaps she thinks she can be Speaker?

I can see it now, enough GQP that will only vote for her for Speaker and not anyone else, throwing the entire process into chaos as nobody can be selected.

7 Likes

I applaud MTG’s moxie and verve and plucky can-do-ness!!! Because just when it seemed that the GOP was going to remain a lockstep, fascist fist-pumping juggernaut of old white property owners, hardline religious fluff-heads, and younger racist working class morons… erm… sorry, I meant “entrepreneurs”, suddenly it looks like the center is collapsing rapidly, and all that’s left in its wake are hysterical unwashed masses twitching uncontrollably at the thought of vaccines, and a bunch of middle class white people terrified of critical race theory.

The iron is HOT, so it seems like the PERFECT time for the Democrats to strike! But wait, there’s a couple of gala holiday mega-fundraising parties in the Beltway and NYC first, followed by six months of meetings with healthcare and petroleum lobbyists, and then a couple of days of meetings with actual voters to see what they might be interested in hearing in 2024. In fact, looking at the DNC calendar, “Strike while the Iron is Hot” has been pushed back to 2953.

13 Likes

A spot on a committee?

Or worse, a chair.

3 Likes

She mad because she’s been told that she’ll have to show up for every vote in the House that the Republicans want to win.

11 Likes

“We’re going to fight it out. I’m not afraid of the Civil War in the GOP. I lean into it.”

tenor(9)

8 Likes

That would be worse.

4 Likes

Mrs. Self Destruct?

8 Likes

:person_facepalming:
Well, here’s hoping that civil war contained within the GOP splinters sufficiently to break away all of the Tea Party, neo-nazi, Proud Boys, Oath Keepers, etc. into their own corner.

I’ve been hearing The Who’s Slip Kid run through my head too much lately.

10 Likes

Just remember that while Sauron’s and Saruman’s orcs are having it out, we still need to destroy the ring.

28 Likes

GOP: “What we need is a CIVIL WAR!”
Also GOP: (that scene in “Tucker and Dale” where the guy shoots himself while taking the safety off the gun)

6 Likes

Of course she “leans into a civil war in the GOP”, because that gives her everything she wants: 1. her face and quotes on TV every day. 2. she won’t have to do any kind of actual government work while the party is in turmoil. 3. party leadership kissing up to her because she is the loudest, squeakiest, wheel and they want her support. What a great job she has!

6 Likes