Grand Theft Lego: 71-year-old man and 39-year-old woman arrested in raid that recovered 2,800 stolen sets

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/08/grand-theft-lego-71-year-old-man-and-39-year-old-woman-arrested-in-raid-that-recovered-2800-stolen-sets.html

3 Likes

So they’ve been doing it a while then? AFAIK, there aren’t any sets that retail over $1000, so it’d be a discontinued one.

3 Likes

Not sure what is the most expensive one that hasn’t been discontinued yet but they’re still selling that Millennium Falcon one for $850, right? Add in sales tax (which is over 10% in some counties in California) and it’s certainly getting close to $1k.

8 Likes

It’s police “street value” math.

16 Likes

I want booking photos!
Lego Prison GIF

23 Likes

Well, what are you supposed to do once it becomes clear your beanie baby collection isn’t going to fund your retirement?

6 Likes

Hopefully the PD will generate a charming set of numbered pictures representing the steps they went through to build the case.

17 Likes

You think you’re kidding

6 Likes

What maniacs!

2 Likes

Well he’s a brick…louse
His theft was mighty
And he stored them in his house

1 Like

You can bet that the LAPD painstakingly built their case brick by brick.

4 Likes

Millenium Falcon 850
ATAT 850
Identity and Landscape Kit 790
Connections Kit 755
Leibher Crawler Crane $700

but then there are things like this

Also under investigation:

7 Likes

Lego my…Lego?

1 Like

"Officers are advised to approach with caution, those little bastards are incredibly painful to step on.”

6 Likes

“I just want to say three words to you, just three words: specific Danish plastics. There’s a great future in specific Danish plastics, think about it.”

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.