Grandfather finds "PLEASE SPIT IT IN TOO" printed on his restaurant bill

Agreed; that is possible.
It’s been some years since I waited tables, so I readily acknowledge that the interface used at that particular restaurant may have different features than the POS terminals which were in common use back when I was a server.

But those instructions rarely (if ever) end up on the copy of the bill that’s given to the customer.

I acknowledge that it’s possible that it was all some sort of ‘horrible mistake’ and not any intentional animosity of the server’s part… but I just dont think it’s very probable.

1 Like

Dude… this is not a new phenomenon. Ask anyone who has worked in food service for the past 50 years at any point.

3 Likes

11th-doc-this

6 Likes

Doesn’t excuse adulterating people’s food though.

I’m pointing out that it has been going on for quite a while, in any place where food is served. @Heraclito makes a good point about why it happens, too. It may not be right, but it’s not some sort of new thing.

5 Likes

“See, that’s the part of my “faith in humanity” that I lost long ago”

and unfortunate that you include yourself in that group.

And aside from the reality of it, the lack of ethics/hygiene is beside the point here; either “by mistake” or intentionally, the insulting directive ended up being relayed to the customer.

Weird… I never said nor even implied that I wasn’t a part of humanity.

(But if I had, I probably would have made damn sure MY spelling and grammar were on point first.)

I am human, and therefore, highly fallible; I make mistakes, and sometimes instead of being my best Im an asshole. I OWN ALL OF THAT.

However, what I don’t do is twist myself in knots trying to make excuses for other people’s bad behavior, simply because I don’t want to believe that people can and will do horrible, petty things simply because they think they can…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.