Great clippers for thick toenails

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/08/great-clippers-for-thick-toena.html

2 Likes

Did someone faceroll on the keyboard to come up with that name?

6 Likes

Looks like a sturdy design. If it were a straight cut I’d be interested. I find the curved clippers to be too curved for the big toenail.

2 Likes

ya made me look (it up): Shenzhen Qianhe Technology Co., Ltd.
(“a company mainly engaged in Automotive accessories products trading company.” …from there to toenails; eh, works for me)

2 Likes

Sometimes you need the heav duty, industrial grade version:

Fame in the food world came about when a Lee Valley woodworker’s wife discovered that her husband’s new wood rasp would zest oranges. This discovery rapidly led to expanded uses such as zesting lemons, grating nuts and ginger, reducing a clove of garlic to near liquid in seconds, etc.
The single most spectacular and practical use was with hard cheese for use on pasta or in salads.

3 Likes

Later, she shaved hard cheese with his favorite planer and used a whisk in his large chuck cordless drill. Unfortunately, her efforts to use his MIG welder to torch Creme Brulee were not successful.

8 Likes

Heh, I bought a pair of these the last time they were featured on BB, but I decided not to use them. They terrify me! Razor sharp and the jaws open very wide. If you aren’t paying attention you stand the chance of a toe-vivisection. That being said, they are now my favorite tool for cleaning burrs and support nubbins from my 3d prints… I DO recommend them for that!

3 Likes

Good domain names that are still available are exceedingly hard to find.

2 Likes
2 Likes

That was the first thing I noticed. An immediate ‘nope’ from me.

1 Like

Substitute a spoon for the whisk, and you’ve got a great way to stir the type of peanut butter what requires stirring.

I bought these too. I have used them on my finger nails and found the experience lacking. I went back to my old school clippers.

Edit: I used these yesterday and realize what is lacking. It’s the fact that these have no flex whatsoever. They cut very nicely but it is like using wire cutters. I am used to the bit of springiness in my old-school clippers. I will keep trying to get used to these. They are so very cool looking.

1 Like

I also bought a pair last time they were featured, and while razor sharp and great leverage are excellent descriptors, I guess I found them less terrifying. They are my favorite clippers for my occasionally gnarly toenails. You do have to use caution, as they are wicked sharp and will take you apart pretty easily, but they do what they are supposed to with industrial efficiency.

I am a studly man with immense, contorted toenails. (I remove my socks to frighten the grandkids.) My late podiatrist took a Dremel moto-tool to them before he was murdered, but I mainly use seat-belt-cutting rescue scissors left over from my ambulance days. Haven’t lost a toe or finger yet.

I’m chundering a little bit :face_vomiting:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.