"Greedy Bastard" burger criticized

I was gonna make a joke about Florida and sinkholes… But I think that’s too dark even for me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey! Our sink doesn’t have any holes. We run a clean kitchen here!

2 Likes

Wrote the person while using the English language.

5 Likes

This thread has a very real lack of burger pics. (Sigh…) I guess I’ll fix it, again.

http://fstoppers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/FStoppers_©RGG-EpicBurger-GaryMartin.jpg

7 Likes

Gaaaaah, that cheese katsu burger looks Sooo goooood!

6 Likes

You call that a pizza burger?

THIS is a pizza burger:

3 Likes

Some might assume that I am a person. “I” might be several. Or a fragment of a larger collective. Or both! Perhaps the English language is using me. Perhaps language is, as Burroughs mused, a virus from outer space.

1 Like

“Pizza? Now that’s what I call a taco!”

4 Likes

Riff on a Chinese dumpling and pork.

The egg looks a little funny for my taste (I like the yolks 50/50 cooked)

4 Likes

Ahem (clears throat)

Do you think this alien, from … Outer Space… (cough) may have had as many as Nine Plans?

5 Likes

I thought they would be upset that it’s about five times as much food as a person needs to eat in a meal. But no, they are upset about the wording.

5 Likes

That one is cut in half. It’s weird that the advertising pictures show the half of it taking up a whole plate.

One could so conject thus(ly).

But can we be sure that a virus from outer space is truly alien to us, without being certain whether or not the lifeforms we know originated on this planet? (sneeze)

I think the idea is that the crystallisation of organised composite-entities that seems to be inherent to the fundamental structure of the universe imputes a principle of evolutionary force which creates arenas wherein entropy is reversed and order created. Or something.

But he might very well have meant that actual viruses came out of comets ala panspermia and evolved into language using beings… or maybe even the memetic principle of language-use was literally projected from deep space via hologram into our ancestors brains. You know Bill.

1 Like

I’m surprised you aren’t arguing that folks should just ignore it :smirk:

I don’t ignore social trends which are demonstrably false or baseless, I refute them. There is a difference.

Accepting that other people believe in or act upon something does not mean that those should internalize such values who know otherwise. That would seem to be a coercive/monoculture perspective, implying that everything must be a reaction to a mainstream rather than accepting that people all need to proactively make choices about how to live.

I’m surprised no one has said “beetroot on a Burger… WTF!?”.
It’s standard in NZ; as is calling something " Big As", “Sweet As”, " Flash As" etc so the guy who posted the “BIG AZ” Burger is “on a winner” :slight_smile:

I’m calling shenanigans on the mango however " Fruit? Burger? NO!"

2 Likes

Sooo… No tomatoes?

4 Likes

Knowledge is realising that tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is putting it on burgers anyway.

5 Likes

Well, there’s your core problem. Calling any social trend ‘demonstrably false’ or ‘baseless’ is oxymoronic. You might not like the trend, but, like that’s just your opinion maaaan.

Also, you do seem to enjoy being that guy, so here’s a nice pic …

5 Likes