Greek authorities caught on video taking migrants to sea and abandoning them on a raft

Originally published at: Greek authorities caught on video taking migrants to sea and abandoning them on a raft | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Hope this doesn’t give CPB/ICE goons any ideas.

ETA: or DeSantis

11 Likes

What The Wtf GIF by MIA GLADSTONE

Fuck everybody who did that, those people needed help.

11 Likes

evil-600x344

8 Likes

Beware of Greeks bearing girafts

4 Likes

Oh yeah, I wonder what the fuck they say now in light of the video evidence?

5 Likes

If any of the migrants subsequently drowns, that’s straight up murder.

4 Likes

According to the person who took the video, it’s a common story among migrants.

NK: You, I know, have not spoken to the 12 migrants that were on that life raft that you took a video of. The New York Times was able to track them down in Turkey. You’ve spoken to other migrants, though, about their experience. What do they tell you about what’s happened to them?

[FAYAD MULLA]: Well, they told me exactly the same what these 12 people told The New York Times. So on Lesbos and all the other Aegean islands, there are people there who had this experience once, twice. There are people who are claiming that it happened 10 times to them. If they’re unlucky, it’s always the same thing. There are people arriving there. Many times they are telling or shouting that we are from NGO, we are doctors, or even saying like we’re from the Doctors Without Borders. Many times, especially men are being chased, violently chased, taken down handcuffs by their abductors. As everyone can imagine, I mean, you’re abducted by masked men on European Union soil. You’re being deported. You are being set out in a life raft where almost 100 per cent of the people cannot swim. So, of course, they are in fear of their life. It’s a death sentence to them.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.