Greene: States should have rights and be free from “Big Government." Women? Not so much

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/23/greene-states-should-have-rights-and-be-free-from-big-government-women-not-so-much.html

5 Likes

I figure you could model MTG in a computer with a LLM (well, not that large…) and an algorithm that enforces something like “assume nothing you say or advocate for will affect your well-being.”

11 Likes

Greene called the ruling “the most radical, devastating thing that we have seen happen in a Supreme Court ruling”

This is just more standard TrumpSpeak, which is basically three-year-old kid speak. Everything is the biggest, the worst, the most spectacular, the most devastating, etc. ad nauseam. Their superlative circuits would have burnt out long ago if they didn’t have the greatest superlative circuitry in the history of the world.

10 Likes

Yeah, Republicans are all about being free from Big Government until they need cash.

Georgia receives $4.00 of aid for every dollar it contributes to federal taxes.

https://smartasset.com/data-studies/states-most-dependent-federal-government-2023

11 Likes

Thanks for the 100% incorrect civics lesson, Empty G, really earning your tax payer-paid salary here.

10 Likes

Doesn’t “standing one’s ground” basically come down to shooting someone and getting away with it? sounds like a direct call to violence to me.

8 Likes

She really wants that second civil war, doesn’t she? As a Georgian, one would think she’d be aware of how that’s likely to work out.

7 Likes

what the Biden administration absolutely has brought is big, powerful government, which is communism.

Riiiight.

But she does want “big, powerful government” from Trump - which is fascism, of course.
:man_shrugging:

(Yeah I can shrug my shoulders, but of course nothing that fuckwit says has ever been even vaguely rational.)

7 Likes

MAGA thinking is always a moving goalpost thing-- the constitution means whatever we want it to mean.

7 Likes

It’s not their border. It’s the United States border, and Texas doesn’t get to control it.

To quote Timothy Snyder (again):

When the men with guns who have always claimed to be against the system start wearing uniforms and marching with torches and pictures of a leader, the end is nigh.

11 Likes

There’s no coherency or consistency by which “big government” is defined, so big government under Trump is actually “freedom” (for hetero-normative, white supremacist Christianity, presumably).

10 Likes

I have a detailed network map of that LLM, showing every connection.

Collapsed for size

3 Likes

3 Likes

You and me both. It should have been a 9-0 slam dunk. That it had 4 dissenters freaks me out.

6 Likes

Does anyone have any evidence that Empty isn’t a dysfunctional AI? All hallucinations, all the time.

5 Likes

sedition ? is this not perhaps blatant nose on your face elephant in the room sedition ?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.