A paranoid Marjorie Taylor Greene says she wants the U.S. government to shut down

Originally published at: A paranoid Marjorie Taylor Greene says she wants the U.S. government to shut down | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 1.16.08 PM

39 Likes

I believe she is knocking on the wrong door. Some countries could give the support she thinks her ideas deserve. But it seems that there is already a word in the English language for people who do this.

15 Likes

42 Likes

Now it’s out in the open. She as publicly stated she wants to destroy the USA.

25 Likes

The Trumpian wing of the GOP displays a fascinating range of anti-intellectual diversity. When Trump weighed in with his original ideas on any topic, it always had a sort of “drunk stupid guy at the end of the bar” feel to it. Whereas MTG, on the other hand, gives off an intense “crazed racist soccer mom wants to speak to the manager of the United States” vibe.

I pity the future hagiographers of the American right who are going to have to try to dress their idiocy up as some kind of profound philosophical position.

36 Likes

Really, would it be so hard to find some small island somewhere that could be evacuated, and these people dropped in?

They could shut down their own government, and see how well their libertarian paradise works.

Have lots of cameras and sell the broadcast rights.

36 Likes

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

24 Likes

Be a dear and turn your office lights off on the way out Marj.

Don’t come back.

20 Likes

Tell them they’re going to be on a special celebrity edition of Survivor, Temptation Island, etc. In the middle of the night, evacuate the host and the crew of the show. “Forget” to evacuate the cast.

12 Likes

And future American historians will describe them as they are…

18 Likes

“…completely unseated.”

A fate worse than a fate worse than death.

13 Likes

Working hard to prove government doesn’t work by thwarting it at every opportunity.

18 Likes

21 Likes

Meme Wtf GIF

10 Likes

Would someone please take her lead-based chewing gum away?

13 Likes

Well, there’s been speculation based on analysis of video footage she’s resembles the 1/5 DC bomber in stature and gait.

9 Likes

“I want to shut down this terrible govt of which I am a part.”

• MTG
15 Likes

“Wait, that doesn’t mean the paychecks stop, right?”

17 Likes

Does this dummy even have a paycheck left after all the fines for not wearing a mask?

9 Likes