Greg Gutfeld seems to think Nazis only killed useless Jews in the Holocaust

That right hook was pretty useful…

6 Likes

Um, what. They also killed gay people, roma people and even people who taught others how to speak Esperanto.

11 Likes

The Nazis weren’t interested in utility. They were interested in killing jews.

From a review of KL: A History of the Nazi Concentration Camps

Many of the horrors associated with Auschwitz—gas chambers, medical experiments, working prisoners to death—had been pioneered in earlier concentration camps. In the late thirties, driven largely by Himmler’s ambition to make the S.S. an independent economic and military power within the state, the K.L. began a transformation from a site of punishment to a site of production. The two missions were connected: the “work-shy” and other unproductive elements were seen as “useless mouths,” and forced labor was a way of making them contribute to the community. Oswald Pohl, the S.S. bureaucrat in charge of economic affairs, had gained control of the camps by 1938, and began a series of grandiose building projects. The most ambitious was the construction of a brick factory near Sachsenhausen, which was intended to produce a hundred and fifty million bricks a year, using cutting-edge equipment and camp labor.

The failure of the factory, as Wachsmann describes it, was indicative of the incompetence of the S.S. and the inconsistency of its vision for the camps. To turn prisoners into effective laborers would have required giving them adequate food and rest, not to mention training and equipment. It would have meant treating them like employees rather than like enemies. But the ideological momentum of the camps made this inconceivable. Labor was seen as a punishment and a weapon, which meant that it had to be extorted under the worst possible circumstances. Prisoners were made to build the factory in the depths of winter, with no coats or gloves, and no tools. “Inmates carried piles of sand in their uniforms,” Wachsmann writes, while others “moved large mounds of earth on rickety wooden stretchers or shifted sacks of cement on their shoulders.” Four hundred and twenty-nine prisoners died and countless more were injured, yet in the end not a single brick was produced.

12 Likes

If I was to get three wishes, one would be that conservative commentators be subject to their own (ill)logical conclusions

I don’t think I’d be hearing much from ol’ Greg after that, or many others

ahhh

7 Likes

And “Jazz-Criminals”. :confounded:

5 Likes

By the same logic, this guy is a “useless” human being.
He knows what happen to thing considered “useless”, right? Right? /S

Throw Away Dirty Work GIF by MOODMAN

4 Likes

The Nazi concentration camps weren’t f’ing universities and trade schools.
The Polish Jew branch of my family were sent there to die.
Every 65+ MAGA enthusiast should keep this in mind because in the near future their “useful” lives may be considered to be over.

10 Likes

Any sentence that starts with “Greg Gutfeld thinks…” never ends well.

13 Likes

I suspected that human intelligence recently reached rock bottom when there was a resurgence of flat earthers. Then the “slavery was good for blacks” crowd showed up and now it looks like the “holocaust helped create strong work ethic” group just entered the room. I’m afraid to find out who’s coming next.

16 Likes

One of the aspects of the Holocaust, and that stereotypical “German efficiency”, is that prisoners were worked to death. They were trying to squeeze every last bit of energy out them for the benefit of The Reich. So even those with useful skills were ultimately destined for the ovens. They took their houses, their businesses, their clothes, their hair, their gold fillings, their labor, every bit of “use” they could get out of a human life. If the Nazis had invented some kind of sci-fi machine that reduced a body instantly to its individual elements for industrial purposes, you can bet they would have done that too.

Gutfeld’s comment is a good example of how the party of “all lives matter” doesn’t care about lives at all.

13 Likes

In the wake of DeSantis thinking African Americans benefited from slavery, we next get the Jews benefited from the Holocaust. Afterall, in addition to weeding out the useless and unskilled Jews, they would not have Israel if it wasn’t for the Holocaust. This is the insanity of the Right.

3 Likes

The last company I worked for hired a sales director who decided “Work shall set you free” was a good response to a (Jewish) coworker’s comment about work-life balance. Thankfully he was out the door a day or two later. Claimed he didn’t know what it meant, but really, that’s not any better.

14 Likes

I feel like there are going to be swastika flags and Roman salutes at the next GOP convention. Seems like the whole party wants to get there so bad.

9 Likes

oh ffs what a nasty dishonest and gross way to “frame” that…

Just googled " famous artists dead in holocaust" and literally copied the first wave of results. The thing is you can do this for literally any type of important or valued skill people can have and find a similar list.

|Eugen Burg|1871–1944|Died at an unknown concentration camp|
|Ernst Arndt|1861-1942/3|Murdered in the gas chamber at Treblinka concentration camp|
|Maria Bard|1900–1944|Suicide in Berlin for “political reasons”|
|Lea Deutsch|1927–1943|Heart failure en route to the Auschwitz concentration camp|

Poking around I found this biography on a piece of Nazi Propaganda: Rudolf Breslauer (1903-1944) was a photographer and lithographer by trade, educated at the Academy for Art Photography in Germany. He was married to Bella Weihsmann and had three children: Stephan, Mischa, and Ursula. They fled Leipzig and settled in the Netherlands in 1938. In the summer of 1940, non-Dutch Jews were forced to leave Leiden because the city was near the sea. The Breslauers moved to a boarding house in Alphen aan de Rijn and left for Utrecht shortly thereafter. On February 11, 1942, they were sent to Westerbork, where Rudolf Breslauer was ordered to make passport photos of incoming camp prisoners and film daily life in Westerbork. In the spring of 1944, the camp commander commissioned Breslauer to make what would later be known as the Westerbork-film. In September 1944, Breslauer and his family were deported to Theresienstadt with other privileged prisoners and subsequently deported to Auschwitz in October 1944. Only Ursula survived the camp.

So… this guy was soooooo useful to them that they decided to give him a break from the psychological torture of photographing waves of new victims then they made propaganda from his work and then they killed him and his entire family… and that’s what being skilled and useful got.

5 Likes

I think after that is where the Leopards come in… Hopefully it doesn’t get that far.

7 Likes
11 Likes

If they’re that lucky.

6 Likes

Oh, the Nazis had invented some kind of sci-fi machine that reduced a body instantly to its individual elements for industrial purposes.
An utterly evil, dystopian industrial-scale human slaughtering machine.

“Bones that did not burn completely were ground to powder with pestles and then dumped, along with the ashes, in the rivers Soła and Vistula and in nearby ponds, or strewn in the fields as fertilizer, or used as landfill on uneven ground and in marshes.”

https://www.auschwitz.org/en/history/auschwitz-and-shoah/the-extermination-procedure-in-the-gas-chambers/

8 Likes

… so this guy is the new Bill O’Reilly the new Glenn Beck the new Megyn Kelly the new Tucker Carlson :confused:

6 Likes

Yep, tools alright.

7 Likes