Gretchen Carlson to Fox: release employees from NDAs, 'buying silence instead of stopping harassment is immoral and unjust'

IANAL, but I think that would only cover talking with police & prosecutors, then testifying in court, not for publishing it or consulting on a movie.

2 Likes

I think NDA’s need to be vigorously tested, at the least I’d think they could be seen as a contract made under coercion.

3 Likes

She STILL has a choice. She can break the NDA, tell the truth and live with the consequences.

The first rule of NDA Club: Don’t talk about NDA Club. /s

2 Likes

Framing her decision that way is a bit dismissive of the countless women who took out-of-court settlements because their legal counsel advised them that it was likely the only way they’d see any form of justice at all. Not to mention the damage other courses of action would likely have for her reputation, career and personal life. Read up on the stories of women who were victimized by people like Harvey Weinstein and their decisions make sense in the context they were made.

Ms. Carlson’s great moral failing wasn’t taking a settlement or signing an NDA, it was choosing to be a mouthpiece for an organization like Fox News.

18 Likes

People who have to sign NDAs generally are stuck with non-competes too, so they can’t go to work for the competition and tell them what’s going on.

Fox regularly calls NRA flax to extoll the virtues of the Second Amendment, while denying their employees the right to First Amendment freedoms.

In any other field, employees in this trap can write the ol’ anonymous letter to all of the competitors and tell them all of the company’s weak spots, so competitors can have a field day running them out of business. This might or might not work with Fox advertisers and their stable of expert witnesses to their point of view. Hitting them in the wallet by any means possible would be the best bet.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.