Gripping tale of what happened to the kidneys of a boy who ate 25 laxative brownies

This is bbs; fact checking is usually tolerated…

3 Likes

They days of the unicorn chaser are long gone. :frowning:

There you go:

6 Likes

Dear gawd, I thought that thing was a cookie at first. Eeewwww!

3 Likes

NokRdiB

7 Likes

With friends like that, who needs enemas ?

12 Likes

I agree. I don’t know how they measure success. I am guessing number of comments is lower in the hierarchy of importance. I am guessing views and shares of stories are the most important, and the crazy and bad shit is going to get more of both of those.

2 Likes

Also, this again illustrates that too much of anything will kill you.

Moderation folks.

1 Like

… At least it’s not Something Awful? (for that matter, is that still around even, or did the trolls over there go somewhere else?)

BUT not TOO MUCH moderation…just some. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The vídeo had the exact opposite effect on me. The medical professional could have been a star fleet officer on a federation vessel for all his chipper competence and surety of what’s what. I watched such a clear, easy thing to be all the way confident about (don’t eat 25 laxative brownies) with the why’s neatly laid out and a happy ending but life lesson learned, and I thought that I’d be able to make do with that guy around for a while.

That’s right, stand for nothing and you fall for everything.

2 Likes

It’s a good video, and totally up my alley. But discussing at length this life altering fuck up some kid did right after the Vegas shooting was just not the right time for me.

2 Likes

Not watching the video either. Not sure what he ate but this is the active ingredient in “Exlax”.

4 Likes

Real life version of Colon Blow is marketed as Taco Bell

2 Likes

“We do”? I do not understand what would make someone do something so utterly stupid. Are there more kids who think medicinal drugs are toys?

3 Likes

“Moderation in everything except moderation,” I believe the saying goes.

The video notes that it’s something called “sennosides”.

Phenolphthalein is apparently yesterday’s news as medication, due to concerns about carcinogenicity. It is however abundantly used as an acid-base indicator in chemistry labs, which in turn would lead me to expect more stories about phenolphthalein poisonings due to mischievous students sneaking it into someone’s food. But it seems that while people might be stupid enough to overdose on over-the-counter drugs, people are not quite so stupid as to start deliberately messing around with lab chemicals. (That’d be worthy of expulsion, if not criminal charages, I reckon.)

Be the Unicorn you wish to see in the world. :slight_smile:

1 Like