Gun nut mom went back for more bullets before executing daughter

I feel so sorry for the father, and the survivor’s guilt that he must be going through right now.

I mean, we all think that in this kind of situation, we’ll be the one who stands firm and protects our children, but when it comes down to that moment, not everyone can do that, and it’s the kind of thing that you don’t know until you’re actually in that situation.

I don’t blame him at all for running for his life, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he blames himself for not being the one who died.

26 Likes

This being Texas, none of the neighbors had guns to take her down? They just stood around and watched?

17 Likes

Was she in a well regulated militia?

29 Likes

I, too, cannot bear to listen to the 911 calls and accounts of the young women pleading for their lives. Nor can I even think of the darkness that would cause someone to murder their own children…in a rage or otherwise. It’s an unfathomable spiritual abyss…sickening in the worst ways imaginable for the human soul.

On the other hand…I can very well get up on my high dudgeon to point out that guns make it possible for this type of obscenity to happen. Open access to as many wonderful firearms as one chooses to own and wave around defiantly. I can question the insanity of considering that a “right” which supercedes others’ rights to reasonable expectations of safety, I can in full intellectual and personal honesty declare that the organization espousing such a thing is a vile entity.

So I do.

This woman with her gun fetish and jackass bravado about it is merely the latest example of something deeply wrong with the American attitude toward firearms. The sad, disturbing and nightmarish end of her existence just seems like a logical outcome of that attitude.

Damn the NRA.

24 Likes

The liberal media is suppressing all coverage to further their agenda.

4 Likes

The single shot made by law enforcement was a kill shot

Gun fan.
Young slaughtered.

3 Likes

I went over onto the Fox News (yeah, I know) website to see the comments.

marvin8

If only everybody had brought their guns to the family meeting, this probably wouldn’t have happened. Let this be a lesson to all families; Guns during family time (meal time, play time, movie nights, bedtime etc.) can only improve everybody’s safety. NRA forever!

3 Likes

I …think?.. that’s satire.

13 Likes

How many incidents like this happen every day without being reported on at all, I wonder? And what is the particular difference in this case? Would it not have escaped local news if the police shot the woman but she survived? Or maybe it’s even all just because she falls within conventional notions of attractiveness?

1 Like

7 Likes

I think pretty blond white women do just end up in the news more. But I also think women killing their own children gets news. Men killing their whole families is a little more normal (thankfully it’s not exactly normal-normal), but I think people get really emotional about moms killing their kids. I did, and I feel like I should know better (stop caring about other people!).

13 Likes

You and I see crazy eyes.
Gun store owner sees MILF with $$$ to spend.

2 Likes

Shit man, I would assumed it was simple dark curiosity and not because her gender was an anomaly.

I generally assume some intoxicant, money, and/or lover was involved.

The only thing infanticide attracts are flies…

But I agree that news reporting on violent crime is usually not terribly helpful to people generally. I think of “news” as meaning the stories which have the greatest affect upon people, so this would usually be following the antics of governments, corporations, and rich people. Murder is a personal tragedy for those involved, but the media make a sensationalist circus of their grief, and use it to distract the masses from issues which are more likely to hurt them.

5 Likes

Were talking “Mother In-need of Lots of Firearms” kind of MILF, right?

7 Likes

Just because the answers aren’t easy, doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be asking them. In fact, I’d say this makes it even more important to ask them.

3 Likes

I think part of it is the narrative, with the Facebook posts of “Guns are to protect my family!” and the tragic, final untruth of that statement.

6 Likes

That research at the bar can’t come soon enough…

Thank Dog for that!

Agreed.

If a good mom with a gun had been there…

Until the politicians get away from the NRA, this shit will keep happening :frowning:

To the deepest pit there is.

4 Likes

There was an article last night on huffpo that said she did it because she was angry at her husband. Reportedly they had recently had a big argument. She called a “family meeting,” pulled the gun out from under a couch cushion and said she was shooting the daughters to punish him.

3 Likes