Gunman kills 50 in Florida gay nightclub

Assault rifles are either fully automatic or able to shoot in 3 shot burst mode. ( illegal to own btw )

Simi-automatic rifle shoot one bullet per pull of trigger.

It’s more accurate to call them “military style semi-automatic rifle”.

The shooter’s Dad seems to have a youtube channel, Apparently supports the Taliban.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5MBQ9UhS01swTh860m_tvQ/videos

1 Like

Hate is what extremist groups do best. Pardon my confusion, you seemed to be quoting an Imam from somewhere in Florida for reasons including nuance, context, and facts oh wait no you weren’t.

1 Like

That could possibly just mean he’s really into retro Americana.

Guns… clearly, I meant guns… But that’s pretty funny, so I won’t change it.

6 Likes

No, I was linking to a video of an Imam in Orlando talking about killing Gays when speaking to an audience of Muslims, which contrasts with the speech today of an Imam in Orlando meant for non-Muslims, which was about tolerance and love. Not the same Imam, although I have seen such contrasts in the content of speeches given by Imams to different audiences in the past.

Are you sure this is him? I thought that I heard that the shooter changed part of his name. (He added “Mateen” to his last name, I believe.)

I am not, but it was in the Washington Post and the LA Times.

I think its just that being a mass murderer is negatively correlated with the ability to construct dangerous weapons. McVeigh is possibly a counter example, but there are plenty of failed bombers out there. I don’t think its IQ, more about maker culture perhaps. There were those doctors in the UK with their leaking propane tanks. Smart people for sure but not capable of getting effective stuff working.

so, what his father believes _transfers to hi_m in a way that others who falsely fly that flag does not transfer to you.

Okay then. Nice chat. You’re an exceptional person.

1 Like

No, his father’s claims of moderate Islam while being a supporter of the Taliban probably have nothing at all to do with the son pledging his support to Isis, then systematically killing a bunch of innocent people while shouting “God is great” in Arabic. It could well be that those are the actions of agnostics. Maybe he was just cleaning his gun, and it went off by accident. Lots of times.
What is your alternate theory?

2 Likes

Okay, thanks for the link.

No problem, I thought it would be helpful to add new info as it came out. But I seem to be getting a bunch of grief over it, as if I am responsible for the words reported by the press.

I guess I just leap to conclusions when i see things that I associate with other things. Like with that flag, for example.

But I am wrong to, while you are right to. That’s my alternate theory.

4 Likes

I’m one of those people who looks at the fact that people legitimately like hunting and at the way technology is going and assumes that banning guns outright is a lost cause.

The sad thing is it wouldn’t have taken gun control to prevent this from happening. All it would have taken was a call to his wife who knew he was unstable. One call to tell her that he had bought a couple guns. That’s all the gun store had to do.

But in today’s environment, even notifying family members after the fact that you’ve bought a couple weapons capable of killing hundreds of people is a bridge too far!

2 Likes

By and large it’s not the people with hunting rifles and shotguns who are mowing down dozens of innocent victims at a time.

Most people who support gun control aren’t seeking an outright ban on all guns. That’s just the scare tactic the NRA likes to use to prevent any form of sensible regulation.

5 Likes
3 Likes

and a false flag held by a straw man.

I’m all for banning AR-15s (the AR stands for Assault Rifle), and totally in favor of shotguns and hunting rifles (actual long guns), under the same argument that disallows me from being “armed” with a grenade

8 Likes

The press has said a lot of things, you repeated some of them. It appears you are trying to expand the blame for this to a community, one which has suffered enough today, thanks.

You’re getting grief, poor poor you. We all know who the real victim is here, now.

1 Like

whoa, different people say different things at different times to different audiences?

Those shady shady muslims, trying to pull a fast on on you. AMIRITE?

2 Likes