Guns Don't Kill People, Toddlers Do

@Mister44, @tangent, and @clevername what about Switzerland? Why does Switzerland never get brought up in these debates? They have what I would easily consider one of the best gun control systems in the world (When reading the wikipedia article on Switzerland don’t forget that Switzerland actually has a national militia, unlike the U.S.).

ETA - I would also just like to quickly add (Before someone either responds to me or… crickets) that when your only response to a possible policy solution for a major problem is to list all of its negatives without suggesting an alternative idea you discredit yourself.

I’m fine with having an actual debate with someone, I don’t mind having diverging opinions in a forum, and I actually think diversity of opinions creates a better atmosphere for discussion (mind-blown, right?). That being said, a discussion requires both sides to present possible solutions or ideas, we just end up talking in circles otherwise, and circles ain’t no fun.

I much prefer talking in branches, that way you keep spawning new ideas. Also it is pretty much guaranteed that there will be a working compromise for a solution in one of those branching ideas.

Swiss militia system stipulates that the soldiers keep their own personal equipment, including all personally assigned weapons, at home.
Swiss Armed Forces - Wikipedia

3 Likes