GURPS Combat arena

@Wanderfound the 3d6 dice reads: 10 (4,2,4)

And the dodge…

@discbot 3d6

You have to say “roll”

And the dodge…

@discbot roll 3d6

@wisconsinplatt the 3d6 dice reads: 11 (4,3,4)

Not quite dodgy enough. :slight_smile:

So that’s 1d+1 impaling to the torso, i.e. (1d+1)x2.

Any wound will give you a skill penalty next turn equal to the HP damage (maximum -4). A wound of more than HP/2 will require a roll vs HT to avoid knockdown and stunning. If you get knocked below zero HP, you’ll also need a HT roll to avoid falling unconscious.

@discbot, roll 1d6

@Wanderfound the d6 dice reads: 6

Ouch; that’s 14HP. Comprehensively run through.

That’s got you at zero HP; you’re not in danger yet of passing out, but one more hit and you will be. You’re reeling, though; half Move and Dodge. -4 to attack rolls next turn, too.

Roll vs HT to avoid Knockdown & Stun.

oooof. that’ll leave a mark.

I’m assuming 3d6?

@discbot roll 3d6

@wisconsinplatt the 3d6 dice reads: 13 (5,3,5)

Okay; you’re knocked down and stunned.

During the stun, you can still defend yourself, but at -4. You have to take a “Do Nothing” maneuver on your next turn, and make a roll vs HT to snap out of it.

You’re also flat on your back. Getting up will require two “Change Posture” maneuvers; one to rise to your knees, one to stand from there.

You’ve also dropped your weapon; it’d take a Ready maneuver to regather it.

Things ain’t looking good…

It’s your turn; your only option is to “Do Nothing” and make a roll vs HT to see if you snap out of the stun.

Do nothing it is then.

Oh @discbot roll 3d6

@wisconsinplatt the 3d6 dice reads: 9 (2,4,3)

I feel I should have taken this advice.

1 Like

Success! No longer Stunned!

However, you’re still disarmed, lying on your back, reeling and on the edge of unconsciousness.

Your only defence is Dodge, and you’re at half Dodge due to being at HP/3. You’ve also got -3 to defend and can’t retreat because you’re lying down. That brings your Dodge to 1…

So: all-out (Determined, +4 skill) swing (Broadsword-15) to the neck (-5 to hit, x2 damage multiplier for cutting, so it’d be (1d+3)x2 damage). Telegraphic Swing for +2 skill and +1 to defend.

So, I need a 16 or less to hit, you’d need a 2 or less to Dodge.

@discbot, roll 3d6

@Wanderfound the 3d6 dice reads: 11 (5,1,5)

That’s a hit, but an active defence roll of 3 or 4 is always successful, so you’ve got a chance: go for it.

Oh @discbot roll 3d6

@wisconsinplatt the 3d6 dice reads: 11 (2,5,4)

Gurgle

1 Like