Guy on roller coaster catches stranger's phone in mid-air!

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/09/guy-on-roller-coaster-catches.html

5 Likes

I’m really not sure I want to know what professional fistball is all about, thank you very much. But I guess I might conclude that having good reflexes is helpful in this endeavour.

1 Like

10 Likes

Was this the same dude as last Thursday?

3 Likes

yes. also, what’s a… fistballer? :flushed::flushed::flushed:

1 Like

Not as cool as this, but once I lost my hat on a roller coaster, and as I was getting off the guy behind me handed it to me.

2 Likes

Now ive seen it enough times that next time there better be explosions.

FISTBALLING IS AN ORGANIZED SPORT?

Oh wait. They’re talking about a different thing than I was imagining. Never mind…

2 Likes

Yes. We call this a reboing. It’s what happens when the writers aren’t readers too.

10 Likes

No, but the phone was in mid-air.

But hopefully small hands!

1 Like

Oh, I’ve been here long enough to see reboinging!

2 Likes

I don’t want to ask! :flushed::astonished:

Maybe nearly impossible to replicate, but apparently not impossible:

3 Likes

Somewhere, there’s a couple of xkcd fans trying to play an entire match by passing the board this way.

2 Likes

… by definition - or it would not have needed catching. :wink:

It’s why there’s two 'boing’s in the site’s name.

1 Like

Mr Kempf was in Spain after representing New Zealand at the Fistballing World Championships in Switzerland.

Is “fistballing” related to the Goatse bracelet?

1 Like

FYI: I’m 100% a BB reader. There are several reasons why this happens which I won’t get into… but I do really try to not duplicate content!

4 Likes

Six Flags in Western Mass.

Superman coaster.

Dime falls out of my pocket while up-side down, then the coaster goes all 1-G down the other side of the loop.

I literally watched the dime float in the air about a foot in front of my face as it descended with me. It looked stationary.

I hit the bottom of the loop and the dime appeared to whip sideways like magic, even though it was me moving while the dime continued to fall.

Relativity is friggin’ awesome.

4 Likes