Guy who bought 'Goonies' house in Oregon now says he wants to open it to fans, not live in it

Originally published at: Guy who bought 'Goonies' house in Oregon now says he wants to open it to fans, not live in it | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Of course, because I’m sure the believes he can make a bunch of out money by doing so…

10 Likes

Well, the prohibition on any commercial use really puts a spanner in the works of anything that involves revenue. So unless he’s a philanthropist prepared to allow free tours and pay for all the upkeep and security himself, he’s got a problem.

I wonder if he bothered to check that out before he bought the house, or thought he could successfully apply to get it rescinded.

7 Likes

Spot On Doctor Who GIF by BBC America

We’ve driven around Astoria and the roads beyond the business district are not really compatible with heavy traffic. I would be very surprised if neighbors gave in to some sort of commercial use by the new owner.

I bet he sells it within 18 months.

7 Likes

He could try the old registering it as a charity bit and only having a donations box at the exit routine or the old it’s an educational institution bit.

Worked for the former President.

1 Like

Which is why he initially claimed he was going to live in it. Now that the deal is done, he’ll start trying to quietly violate local home-based business laws and regulations around spaces open to the public.

The Catch-22 he created for himself is that it’s hard to do those things while also trying to make the national headlines required for such a niche business to succeed. Good luck with all that, bud.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.