Kevin Bacon only permitted to buy farm if he tore down the haunted house on the land

Originally published at: Kevin Bacon only permitted to buy farm if he tore down the haunted house on the land | Boing Boing

7 Likes

I wonder how many thousands of treatments for the movie about this Bacon has received so far.

10 Likes

Cue the B-Movie starring Kevin Bacon about him buying a haunted house, getting possessed, and terrorizing Hollywood. I’d watch it.

21 Likes

My immediate thought was Bacon as his Hollow Man character “haunting” the house to get a cheaper price.

My second and more enjoyable thought was Bacon just rage-dancing in his neighbor’s basement every night and accidentally convincing the guy he had a ghost when all he really had was a man who wanted to express himself regardless of what John Lithgow had to say about it.

13 Likes

Sans the special effects team…

6 Likes

Sounds like the tale of Matthew McConaughey in Austin.

5 Likes

but but… according the ‘rules’ of unaccountably popular spiritualism, if one (knocks down and) builds over a haunted site then not only do the ‘spirits’ remain, they become notably even-more pissed that their original haunting site was destroyed, particularly emanating from the lower foundational regions… [holds up Stephen King’s big-persons’ golden book o’ spooky stuff] (oh, and hauling in a priest armed with holy water will only result in a whole lot of back-story - and no one wants that)

12 Likes

Yeah, but according to the rules of TV script writing, Kevin Bacon is supposed to get the house for free if he can spend one night in it.

I’m curious where this is, having grown up in CT. There was supposedly a “witch house” on our town green.

[ETA: Ah, I see, Sharon CT, nice part of the state. Also I see Lowe asked if he spent a night in the house, and he of course didn’t.]

9 Likes

Uh, if you live basically anywhere in North America, I’ve got some bad news for you…

20 Likes
8 Likes

It’s in Sharon, CT: Kevin Bacon & Kyra Sedgwick's House in Sharon, CT (Google Maps) (#2)

Link includes an aerial view. Sharon is on the NY/CT border, just north of Danbury.

1 Like

Coincidentally, the house is only six steps from the farm.

12 Likes

Bacon buying the plot only to discover the ‘ghosts’ were graboids.

5 Likes

Excellent choice of illustration, @ pesco !

1 Like
4 Likes

He shouldn’t be allowed to tear it down - that’s clearly a historically significant ghost.

4 Likes

I mean, he has SOME experience with this sort of thing.

5 Likes

If Bacon makes a movie of the whole project, can he take the [tax] write-off because then the haunted house was used for business purposes [making a movie]?

This script nearly writes itself…

6 Likes

Have they even CHECKED to see if their are bodies buried in the basement walls? I mean, c’mon…

2 Likes
4 Likes