Mikey's house from GOONIES is up for sale asking $1.65 million

Originally published at: Mikey's house from GOONIES is up for sale asking $1.65 million | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Do you suppose they accept marble bags full of precious stones as payment?

10 Likes

It’s really a shame that despite being bailed out by his son Irving Walsh seems to have mismanaged the family’s finances and is yet again being forced to sell the house.

12 Likes

That whole neighborhood has terrible plumbing anyway.

9 Likes

The neighborhood seems to have a history of crime.

8 Likes

I think the best case scenario is to have the house be a Bed & Breakfast or a rental of sorts for people that want to check out the house

6 Likes

This checks out. The house overlooks the Kindergarten Cop elementary school.

Given the actual location, there is zero parking for lookie-loos and that street is frequently clogged with people trying to turn around and get back out. After the debacle with the owners covering the house to discourage such activities didn’t pan out, they now have a donation box to help with upkeep.

6 Likes

We were there back in August and made the pilgrimage to see it. The current owners are pretty cool about visitors as long as they’re respectful. Apparently the previous owners had blocked access after some highly aggressive tourists not respecting boundaries.

The other part that’s not obvious is the house next door was where Data ziplined into the front door.

the goonies kid GIF

3 Likes

The house next door is also for sale, for $550k, and there are no nearby comps over about $750k. It’s been done up nicely but I wouldn’t want to be anywhere near this place if a Goonies fan ends up paying twice what it’s worth to live there.

6 Likes

Every tourist that shows up to the house:

Hey You Guys GIF by Skratch Labs - Find & Share on GIPHY

6 Likes

Four-bed, two-bath, cellar steps leading to old pirate ship.

What’s not to like?

4 Likes

Wait… is that?

Squinting Uptown Girls GIF by Laff

Shit. I think it is…

Clever!

This bathroom tho…

Heidi Klum Wow GIF by Lifetime

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.