Haldeman's papers show Nixon conspired to extend the Vietnam war to improve his presidential chances

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/01/02/haldemans-papers-show-nixon.html

Nixon.
Reagan.
Dubbya.
Trump.

Who will stand in 10 years as the president who was Really The Worst?

I feel like we already knew he’d done this. Is it that this is the first hard evidence?

I have it in my heart that it will be Trump, hands down. It’s the ignorance, the self-interest above all, in which he acts that makes me believe this.

The Trump movies are going to be brutal.

Assuming society still exists to make movies.

It’s long-accepted as historical fact, AFAIAA. Or at least it was in the history courses I took.

“If I have seen further fucked the country more than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.”

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy

But Clinton got a blowjob, libtards!

Are any of the guys involved still alive?

Well, there is Shrub (aka Dubya), you know. But I kind of think of him as a piss-ant of history, the enabler of true evil in the form of Cheney and his henchmen. Shrub was really just a mean frat boy, in the end.

Kissenger is. As is Anna Chennault. The rest of the people that are named in the NYT article are all dead.

I wonder what a fan of Nixon, Reagan & W would think about this…

…and Henry Kissinger is Hillary Clinton’s foreign policy mentor. Sigh.

People have been calling for a tribunal against old Hank for the last 40+ years. He’s way too well connected to have to worry about that sort of thing though.

Most of the senior figures of the GW Bush administration were GOP junior staffers during the Nixon years.

Like these two arseholes:

These two who went to prison for Watergate are still around, at least.

It’s far too transparent that there is no rule of law, but rather rule by an elite class. Kissinger should be in prison, and should have been there for a long, long time.