Halifax declares war on "flushable" wipes

Or mount a separate shattaf next to the toilet. If you have a lot of bathrooms, you can buy them in quantity:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Bidet-faucet-spray-shower-faucet-toilet_60156819482.html

3 Likes

that was my thought as well, they shouldn’t be allowed to be called “flushable” wipes. they should have to have “do not flush” warnings on the packages.

13 Likes

The one I use now has a long, fat feedline which means it has a pretty big reserve of ambient-temp water all all times. Otherwise you can buy an expensive one with a heater, or plumb it up to the hot line of your sink with a thermal valve for the right temp – some toilets already have a tepid feedline to prevent condensation anyway.

Using TP always seemed just fine to me until I got used to using water and now TP seems like a gross, stupid hack. If you had shit on your face, would you wipe it off with paper?

3 Likes

forget bidets…laser cleaning is where it is at:

12 Likes

Surely someone will use one of these on rusted blights for reverse graffiti…

As to cleaning my bum, I’d need a bigger bathroom fan to get the smell of vaporized poo (and flesh) out.

7 Likes

All this talk about wipes and bidets and lasers… why not just use a gentle puff of air?

12 Likes

when the shit hits the fan…

9 Likes

Why do all y’all waste so much paper and water when there is a simple and natural solution?

17 Likes

The fan, the wall, etc.

7 Likes

Just move to Greece, where not even toilet paper is flushable.

5 Likes

Or Russia. This leads to cross cultural issues when people from countries where used TP is tossed in a bin come to countries where it is supposed to be flushed, even among highly educated people. Seen taped to the inside of the bathroom stalls in Peace Palace law library in The Hague:

Seems that visitors from out of country were throwing crap-soiled TP on the floor rather than flush it :open_mouth: This is the international law library, not the bathroom in a run down gas station. They don’t just let anybody and everybody in there.

10 Likes

Five and four exclamation marks. Someone is pissed. (and/or wears underpants on the head, if Pratchett was right)

6 Likes

Well, I think having to constantly clean shit smears and used TP off the floor in a law library bathroom would make me pound on the exclamation point key a few times, too.

In some ways, the people who drop shit-stained TP on the floor may doing the right thing in their mind by not doing what they think will clog the toilet. Or they may just be stuck up people who refuse to do anything differently no matter what and think " fuck the Peace Palace." Dunno.

3 Likes

You get a like for not linking to a google image search and thus denying advertisers a peak into the kinds of nonsense i do image searches on.

1 Like

Well, the toilet went crazy
Yesterday afternoon
The plumber he says
"Never flush a tampoon!"
This great information
Cost me half a week’s pay
And the toilet blew up
Later on the next day-ee-ay

2 Likes

I too love the bidet, and will stand by you in solidarity as I loudly proclaim it to the world. Bum washers unite!

9 Likes

Cool! Be great for writing “LEARN TO PARK” on a car taking two spaces.

Considering they use lasers to do delicate cornea surgery, maybe using lasers instead of ■■■■■ wipes is not as crazy as it sounds. Tune it to absorb the right chemicals and zap! with no butt damage. I’d buy one of those. :scream:

2 Likes

Shouldn’t that be sit by you in solidarity?

8 Likes

Nope, that’s just weird.

Weirdo.

10 Likes

Finally, an effective, high-tech way to clean away poo and remove unwanted hair at the same time!

(“It’s a shit-stain remover!” “No, it’s a depilatory!” “It’s both!”)

Available soon at the Boing Boing Store - at a substantial discount. (Well, it is a vaporizer, after all…)

7 Likes