Hallmark channel flips, then flops on hate group's pressure over lesbian kiss commercial

They’ve already tried on that last one. It was…somewhat problematic.

7 Likes

The ultra-conservative estimate for people who are gay is 10%. (I’d probably say that the number of people who have acted on a physical attraction to a person of the same sex is nearer one in three but that’s just me.) Anyway, Wikipedia tells me that roughly half of those are out. That’s about twenty million people. Choosing between that number of people and twenty-three Nazis can’t be that tough a commercial decision now, can it?

7 Likes

Jeez, Surprise_Puma! Give us a little warning before you come bounding in here like that! You darn near gave me conniptions! I was discombobulated!

9 Likes

What shenanigans! I’m spifflicated!

5 Likes

Wait. Just last week I watched one of those Christmas movies, a woman goes back to her home town after her sister dies, meeting old friends and family, and a man who was once significant to her. It was quite good, with somewhat of a twist at the end.

I recognized the actress, but couldn’t figure out her name, until the closing credits. It was Tatyana Ali, she made a face at one point and I recognized that. She played the younger sister on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

I watched the whole movie beause in having black characters (well besides a black best friend) it was somewhat differwnt from the usual Hallmark Christmas Romance.

The film was from 2018, “Christmas Everlasting”.

1 Like

Oh crap, is that group still around?

They’ve been terrorizing networks and the FCC since like the 80s and getting all the good stuff taken off my tv.

And Hallmark does have a surprisingly large viewership that I suspect isn’t all MAGA types looking for super white and schmalzy movies. At least I’m pretty sure my wife isn’t the only person outside that stereotype who watches way too much of it (seriously I need to ask her if she knows about this kerfuffle, because caving to homophobic BS like this is enough to get her to go straight to Neftlix specials).

1 Like

Welcome4

My favourite use of the word is still S.J. Perelman’s ragtime band Chalky Aftertaste and His Musical Poltroons.

4 Likes

Hallmark needs to make and run an ad with some blatant and offensive pussy-grabbing. When the woke or the puritans object (both will likely do so) then refuse to remove it because “It’s what our esteemed President Trump recommends”

1 Like

This is easily the single greatest “long-time lurker, first time poster” post I have ever read. There are a lot of people out there who make accounts just to post something and I read it and think, “Really, you made an account just to say that?” But you’ve got your priorities straight!

(And I know it’s hard to tell sarcasm on the internet so I want to say that I am not being even remotely sarcastic. Welcome aboard!)

10 Likes

i’m sure you are

2 Likes

There is exactly no way to resolve this problem.

3 Likes

You’re right. We should all just give up.

2 Likes

Now everyone thinks the people over at Hallmark are idiots.

Now?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.