Handy Chiko Roll holder

That was the first thing I thought of…

3 Likes

Loved those things as a kid.

(I refuse to even attempt to stay on the actual topic; I simply cannot deal with any of that questionable fuckery right now.)

2 Likes

Classic fish and chip shop food. Things were more classy in the 70’s and 80’s

3 Likes

I think this is an adapter for a car cup holder, to encourage people to buy chiko rolls to eat in the car.

Australians do drive on the left side of the road but this device appears to come with a rotatable interface which can be made to point both ways.

1 Like

Aussie here. My dad always used to refer to KFC as Kentucky Fried Cat, and loved to spread rumors that when KFC had a whole chicken deal it once had four legs. I certainly never wanted to think about the contents of a Chiko roll.

5 Likes

In the rendering, I see other drawbacks too.

For instance, the A/C will be blowing right on the thing, thereby ensuring that it will be cold as quickly as possible. Because, let’s face facts, the A/C will be on nearly always.

On the rare day that the A/C isn’t on, you will run the risk on any left turn of simply knocking the thing straight out the window.

1 Like

“Wireless” Love the sense of humor. I hear it is also vegan and gluten free.

2 Likes

Engaging Remind-O-Tron, cuz that (specifically the colour) reminds me of my fav candy:

4 Likes

Yeah they are deep fried and served hot and are mostly vegetable meal presumably with some meat in there (sonebody suggested chicken). No they don’t squirt as the outer is rather crisp and what’s inside is a pretty firm paste from my recollection. I don’t much care for them but I would eat a Spring Roll over these any day. Same size and shape and way tastier but thinner covering and more apt to absorb oil so they;re contents tend to ooze out a bit - best eaten carefully (sprinkled with salt). Cannot quite grasp the value of this hand promo idea. Oppose the thumb at your own risk.

3 Likes

Hey that sounds good, but hot, hence the plastic hand.

Yeah. Me, I woulda made it asbestos.

Well I meant drive on the left side of the car, as this thingy appears to fit in the cup holder facing the wrong way if I’m on the left, but crikey, you’re right. . . it IS rotatable! Now if only we had Chikos here in the states.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.