Happy 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' day

[Read the post]

3 Likes

Nine times.

15 Likes

6 Likes

I thought I’d seen “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”, but maybe I’m wrong. What was the film with Guido the Killer Pimp in it?

9 Likes

Risky Business.

4 Likes
9 Likes

13 Likes

Sometimes when my spouse is watching baseball and the score is 0-0 I ask, “Who’s ahead?”

Always hoping to hear, “The Bears.”

6 Likes

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure he ended up making a great career in Wall Street. Such a sly boy.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t school have been out by June 5? It’s one of the days it was filmed, but I don’t think that means we should think it was set on that day.

2 Likes

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-43001-Ferris-Bueller-life-moves-fast-Yfhv.gif

10 Likes

Exactly. Sports writer does not appear to know when summer break starts. I think the actual exact date of the movie is “once upon a time.”

4 Likes
3 Likes

I was pleasantly surprised to see a 1080P version available at archive.org, but be warned, it’s about 10GB… (the Matroska option)

https://archive.org/details/FerrisBuellersDayOff1986

3 Likes

I know that some of it was filmed in the fall and occasionally you see some orange. A lot of the suburban exteriors (esp. Bueller home) were shot in Long Beach, and I had an accounting class (CSULB) in the high school economics classroom. I even think the exterior restaurant scenes is in Beverly Hills.

1 Like

June 5th is apparently the day that a particular baseball game took place that was portrayed in the movie. Though I can’t say what the school calendar was in 1985, at least this year, Chicago’s schools are in session until the 22nd of June, so it’s certainly possible that June 5, which was a Wednesday, was a school day.

I agree though; Ferris Beuller Day should always be a weekday - it should move around like Martin Luther King Jr. Day. So I propose we celebrate it on the first Wednesday of June.

10 Likes

Oh, he’s very popular Ed. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him.

18 Likes