Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 1)

Another sour cream to look for, thanks.

1 Like

Also their greek yogurt.

I have never made better tzatziki and I learned to make it from an ancient Greek woman who spoke no English.

5 Likes

Lamb chops and hassleback sweet potatoes with garlic herb butter. Not perfect-the chops were too well done and the potatoes tasty but not crispy at all, but the flavors were good.

9 Likes

Nobody spoke English in ancient Greece

11 Likes

Kimchi-jeong (pancake) and “smashed cucumber” gochgaru ban chan:

super easy to make. I use my own homemade kimchi for the jeong. Smashing cucumbers is fun, too!

14 Likes

Looks like nums…

5 Likes

Grilled a teriyaki flank steak over charcoal and fried some leftover cooked potatoes. Steamed wax beans as our veg, since we had fresh corn on the cob yesterday.

5 Likes

Korean style ribs.

13 Likes

I had a lot of small quantities of veg leftover in my crisper (and a beautiful head of cabbage), so I whipped up some okonomiyaki, sticky rice, and potstickers (from Costco) for dinner. Served it with some gochujang mayo and washed it down with a rhubarb shrub spritzer (homemade!).

12 Likes

Oh, hell yes.

@gremlin I’ll be there in [checks google] 45 hours, 21 minutes.

8 Likes

Come on up! I’ll make a fresh batch for you :slight_smile:

Okonomiyaki is a go-to dish for me. Such a good way to use up random things and it’s always delicious. I want to experiment with putting some shrimp into them at some point. Could be good… could be mediocre…

We could make it a meal with @kentkb 's Korean ribs. Those look amaaaazing!

10 Likes

Dried shrimp is a standard option in okonomiyaki in Japan, BTW.

9 Likes

Ooh, good call on the dried shrimp. I was thinking of fresh/frozen but was worried about the moisture.

9 Likes

I’ll bring the kimchi jeong! homemade kimchi!

7 Likes

First off we have the Bible which is from back then and it is in English so where’s your science now ?

6 Likes

Every one knows the Orthodox Church uses a version written in Bible Code.

4 Likes

I made kimchi fried rice!
BTW, not a kitty litter tool.

12 Likes

Totally not a kitty litter tool!
Beautiful, man! no sir, that right there is the right tool for the right job!
w00t! luvs me some kimchi fry rice!

9 Likes

I had a wonderful crepe today (from a food truck - I was hungry) filled with pulled pork, kimchi, a cucumber slaw of sorts, and gochujang. It was so good. Got sauce everywhere, but it made a wonderful, if unorthodox, crepe filling!

I love kimchi. My dad went through a sauerkraut and kimchi making kick a while back. I miss those days. It’s on my list of things to try my hands at when I’m done with grad school!

13 Likes

Years ago I overheard a skinhead in a record shop saying “God wrote the bible in English so we could all learn to speak it.”

They haven’t got any smarter.

12 Likes