Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 2)

I feel like this could go here or in the gardening thread, but since it’s less about the growing and more about food, here we go:

8 Likes

I knew it could be done.

5 Likes

Cool, those are great tips, thanks for the reply!

7 Likes
10 Likes

I’m on my way. With fair winds and good tides, I’ll be there in about 6 days.

sail away sailing GIF

12 Likes

I tried sprouting every avocado seed I had saved for a month. Some day an avocado orchard will be mine!
No need to get those Aussiecados any more.

9 Likes

Visitors! I’d better have a bath.

10 Likes

Wasn’t there an outcry about an avocado shortage just last year? I would guess more people grew avocados this year if they weren’t a tree crop taking years to mature. Maybe fewer fires?

6 Likes

The shortage, IIRC, was due to transportation interruptions, not production.

7 Likes

Did someone cut the cheese?

7 Likes

Al was always a bit cheesy.

6 Likes

14 Likes

Pastafirian? Making a sacrifice to the Flying Spahgettit Monster?

9 Likes

Spaghetti al forno.

12 Likes

Everything is wrong with that photo: lopsided placement of the pan on a too-big burner turned up too high, no boiling water, oh yeah, and the fire part.

The pan placement is what caught my attention first. Don’t know what that says about me.

13 Likes

Spaghetti al Flambé with a light dusting of carbonized pasta and a salsetta of various antistick coatings lightly vaporized.

12 Likes

I love my gas stove!
Yes I have done that. I switched to a bigger pan.

4 Likes

Everything we thought about the origins of lactose tolerance is wrong, study says

9 Likes

This was yesterdays’ project, an upside down orange cake from a recipe by David Leibovitz. Pretty easy to make, only needed to bake for 1/2 hour, tastes great.

13 Likes

Cooking steaks over the fire.

New York strip, salted and peppered. Butter and garlic in the pan. Also cooking garden veggies (onion, various peppers, zuchhini, tomatoes).

Goes great with homemade beer!

15 Likes