Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 2)

Heck yeah!

Smoking/grilling ribeyes and mini-sweet-peppers here!

ETA:

12 Likes

If it wasn’t so cold and foggy here I would be grilling too.

12 Likes

I posted a few months ago about the never ending kitchen rebuild saga: I am pleased to announce that at long last, I can cook again (and do dishes in the kitchen, not the bathroom). Hooray! It was technically ready to go about a month ago, but I’ve been busy finishing up my masters program and it’s been survival mode. Mr. Gremlin has been stepping up and keeping me fed, thank goodness.

The weather was gray and rainy and I was craving soup so I whipped up a creamy mushroom chicken soup and tossed in some kale from my garden that I had frozen last week. It was simple but delicious and hit the spot - hard to complain! Now I’m excited for soup and pumpkin season…

ETA: spelling

15 Likes

So, I’ll start by swinging by your place for a steak and some veg and beer, than I’ll head over to @DukeTrout’s for round 2, cause I’ll be hungry again after the long drive…

10 Likes

You should have come. I have leftovers!

9 Likes

Sorry! Still perfecting time travel and transporter technology!

11 Likes

Heh heh

Only two cloves

12 Likes

Wow. That’s my kind of garlic clove.

“But I followed the recipe! I only used two cloves!

14 Likes

Sunday Zen Fava shelling. Plus weird tomatoes

from farmers market.

10 Likes

Something interesting I’d like to try…

7 Likes

Pork loin, brown ale Gouda risotto, four Italian cheese spaghetti squash casserole.

11 Likes

Having extra oranges, made orange chicken from the serious eats recipe. Definitely better than (most) of the take out around here.

9 Likes
10 Likes

Oooh, they look like a cross between Tigarellas and Roma tomatoes. Hope they were as good as they look!

9 Likes

Weird tomatoes baked up delicious!

12 Likes

16 Likes

Bear-B-cue

15 Likes

Bear Grills.

20 Likes

Much better.

10 Likes

I’ll try what he’s cooking but might pass on drinks thanks.

7 Likes