Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 2)

Smells like Salmon.

6 Likes

Any port in a storm.

(Clearly a missed punny opportunity to have a photo of a ChĂąteau Latour, would that I could afford one)

9 Likes

But does it taste like chicken?

5 Likes

First grape tomatoes of the year from the garden:

13 Likes

I have been surprised that these little tomatoes ( we get at a Sunday farmers market) taste
so “ tomatoey”.

6 Likes

A warning, then: at least in northern Indiana, we had lots of warm days, but also lots of deluge from rain storms during the late spring/early summer, and as a result, tomatoes are nice and big as usual, but still hard and green. Apparently there’s not much we can do at this point except make sure to NOT water and hope. Apparently the heat and water one-two punch are a bad combination for tomatoes.

9 Likes
4 Likes

11 Likes

Look I found a whole Universe of these type of stars!

10 Likes

Or, to parallel the original artwork, might it say, rather, ce n’est pas une tranche de saucisse ?

7 Likes

You’re right. I was taking it to the next level. To another galaxy, some might say :wink:

7 Likes

Yes—it’s better the way you did it :smiley:

My mind’s habitual comparing-things-to-what’s-already-stored-in-my-brain mechanism went into overdrive there for a minute. Sorry!

3 Likes
5 Likes

I live in San Francisco. This does not surprise me. Except that it was not here. :wink:

5 Likes

Homemade mac and cheese, creamy cucumbers and red onion salad, grilled “London Broil.”

10 Likes

Hatch chile time. My spouse will remove the skins on these and the ones in the other two containers.Then freeze them in meal-sized batches. They’ll be used all year for salsa, soup, tacos, enchiladas, and super yum scratch-made hatch mac & cheese. Plus anything else he feels like. Because he is the cook.
Forgot the pic

13 Likes

Burger King just sent spam receipts to customers

Burger King has just served spam to many of its customers, who have complained they received an emailed receipt to advise them of a non-existent order for no food.

[
]

Our team has grilled Burger King about the situation to learn how the spam came to be served and, critically, if a security compromise was the cause.

We will update this story if we receive a substantive reply.

[
]

9 Likes

“Our team has grilled Burger King.” Nicely played.

10 Likes

Let me know when they’ve been adequately flamed.

9 Likes

I bet the Spam has more flavor than BK burgers.

5 Likes