I didn't know the Boing Boing BBS had a food topic. It's excellent

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/23/i-didnt-know-the-boing-boing-bbs-had-a-food-topic-its-excellent.html

14 Likes

I believe some of the items there are made with an air fryer. Might want to leave those out of the cook book.

3 Likes

Thanks for the shout out Mark. It seemed a great idea and place to share. The conversations from the ideas, photos, and recipes are always interesting. They also generate more questions and answers. We may not be able to break our homemade sourdough together at the same table, but sure the hell can share it online thanks to BBbbs.
Cheers to that.

19 Likes

Is this boingception?

22 Likes

Topic link so Discourse will have this:

10 Likes

I feel a little silly that I didn’t even realize BBS was a separate thing until a few years ago. I’d see random references to in jokes or “the list” peppered in the comments randomly. It’s been a joy to discover the conversation spill over into such fine topics as Commie Library of Memes and Spaaaaace.

15 Likes

I’m curious if there’s anyone in the community that has experience making dosa, which is an Indian pancake made from lightly fermented rice and some kind of bean (i used chickpeas). Last time i made some there was a strong bean-y smell and taste, but i also used black rice so i’m curious about problem solving the slightly off putting taste/smell.

Either way its been a while since i’ve made some but would be happy to contribute to the thread if i can nail down a more pleasant dosa.

3 Likes

So meta!

14 Likes

I think this called for a new badge…

23 Likes

Also, it’s not the only 1000+ reply topic on food…

7 Likes

I am honored to accept this BBbbs badge and want to thank my wife, mother, grandmothers, Julia Child, and my first BBS, the Well.com. I will try to maintain the same high standard of excellence that Boing Boing has always maintained.
Cheers!
Kent Barnes

16 Likes

I’ve used white rice and moong dahl which worked pretty well with no beany smell. I’d guess the smell is from the chickpeas - I shudder for that reason whenever I see a vegan recipe with aquafaba; when I open a tin of chickpeas that liquid is going straight down the drain because of it’s funk.

4 Likes

i’ll try those next time :slight_smile: never used moong dahl… i presume its nothing too difficult but if you have any particular tips let me know!

4 Likes

Try cooking your own chickpeas. Canned chickpeas are not very good in comparison.

2 Likes

oscars-standing-ovation

8 Likes

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.