Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 2)

L​:eyes:my! Tomatoes back at the Farmers market. Cooked, cooled and going in the freezer. :heart:

11 Likes

I pride myself on being open to eating anything. But that lemon thing looks foul.

6 Likes

Don’t get me started! During college summers I worked as a cook at a summer camp, and the first year my official job title was “Salad Girl” (it was 1973…) and yes indeed, I had to make plenty of JELL-O “salads”. Orange JELL-O with shredded carrots and canned crushed pineapple. Various JELL-Os with canned fruit cocktail. Some with marshmallows and mayonnaise.

Also: I can’t decide if your second picture really should be in the horticultural topic, or the pets and animals topic…:thinking:…unless you’re planning to put the bird in your JELL-O?

11 Likes

Wait. Mayonnaise??!! With jello?

gross disney GIF

9 Likes

I kid you not.

8 Likes

my grandmother used to make a jello salad like that. strawberry jello with colored mini-marshmallows and [gag] mayonnaise.
Dear Brother and i would absolutely refuse this shocking pink abomination!

10 Likes

Yes, I remember Mayo.

5 Likes

The 70s were a rough time.

9 Likes

I’d be willing to bet the Japanese could make that work. Kewpie mayo with kanten might be a neat experiment.

4 Likes

Roasted purple potatoes with salt, pepper, olive oil, and Penzey’s Bavarian seasoning.

13 Likes

Went to a lab to test my cholesterol. Teated myself to a great snack for being good.
PIROSHKI!
Cinderella Russian Bakery & Café

10 Likes

Cholesterol…piroshki…cholesterol…piroshki…

But then, carrot sticks wouldn’t have seemed like much of a treat!

10 Likes

Has anyone seen any funny recipes based on that ridiculous Dr.Oz “crudités/inflation” video?
They’d have to include asparagus, salsa, guacamole, a metric ton of carrots,…I think that was it?
Tequila is the bonus ingredient.
You know me, so my mind went directly to some kind of disgusting, tequila-based aspic concoction, but I haven’t found anything at all recipe-related online yet.
If you have, please share!

7 Likes

Interesting?

5 Likes

CraftyUncomfortableFieldspaniel-size_restricted

6 Likes

I know you know your cooking chemistry well enough to know you’re not going to get an aspic that gels if it includes tequila!

6 Likes

Made up drink
1oz Tito’s vodka
1oz St. Germain
Ice
6oz of SoCo double ginger beer

Pretty good! Though I love ginger beer and St. Germain. Might be a bit much for someone else. Flowery and gingery

6 Likes

If it includes enough tequila, no one will care!

6 Likes

Nah, it’s a known variant of the Mule. Yummy, though!

4 Likes

Sometimes you just need someone else make Ham and cheese and a cuppa coffee. Tartines San Francisco.

8 Likes