Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 2)

tenor

7 Likes

Taking advantage of climate change weather. 61 degrees on November 8th in Michigan begs for chicken over the fire. That lid allows for slower inderect heat while still having a nice fire.

9 Likes

“Free” is my favorite flavor. :wink:

6 Likes

Looks lovely too.

6 Likes

Quince jelly FTW!

7 Likes

A few people have written here about growing culinary mushrooms. I’m looking for an entry-level mushroom-growing kit for someone for Xmas. Any suggestions? Something for a complete newbie.

7 Likes

I’ve used kits from a vendor at my farmer’s market several times. They will ship! The shrooms were very tasty.

6 Likes

These guys are local to me but also ship and have a few options:

8 Likes

Looks like you cooking over hard wood?
That’s flavor plus.:+1:t3:

6 Likes

Rainy day granola making.

9 Likes

Thanks, @ClutchLinkey and @BakerB! Great starting points for me.

9 Likes

Whoot! Found that my pizza stone fits the Weber gas grill.
Trying a few mini pizza crust tests.Tiny tomatoes, and a baby calzone.

10 Likes

Followed by flanken cut ribs and jalapeños.

11 Likes

Raising a glass to a recently departed friend.

The Gin Cinders (for Cindy K.)

1.5 oz gin
2 oz Prosecco
1 oz St. Germain
big squeeze of fresh orange
sprig of rosemary

14 Likes

Perhaps inspired by this?

4 Likes

Cheers.

7 Likes

I couldn’t resist whipping up a little something special to celebrate the Senate.

I even got champagne*!

*Actually, it’s sparkling wine because real champagne from the Champagne Region of France is expensive.

11 Likes

I made rosé sauce Tteokbokki yesterday (Recipe ) because I like hot creamy food. (I don’t eat instant ramen with the exception of Buldak ramen, and while the original or extra hot is very good, Carbonara Buldak is outstanding).

I was kinda underwhelmed by the rosé sauce. It tastes like a gochujang-flavoured alla Vodka sauce, and I find myself more and more bored by gochujang as a main flavour.

If I ever make it again, I will replace the gochujang with Buldak sauce.

9 Likes

Beautiful small organic butter lettuce from farmers market.

12 Likes

Clove-hibiscus liqueur. Made today it sits for a month or so., with some dried hibiscus steeping in there. It should be ready just in time for the holidays.

11 Likes