Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 2)

That’s incredible.

7 Likes
4 Likes

fast food 80s GIF
I used to.

Though I have at times done corn beef and cabbage.

4 Likes

Happy pi day!

Key lime.

14 Likes

Looks scrumptious! Especially the crust!
Happy belated Pi Day :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Saint Patrick’s day soda bread with toasted dulce butter. Soon Irish coffees. Later corned beef.

11 Likes

Excited Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY News

I have my corned beef in… making a chicken variant of a dublin coddle for the non-cow eating husband, and will make my soda bread later… thinking of adding some oats to it? :thinking: What do you think?

Maybe I’ll make a fancy butter to go with it, too!

9 Likes

My uncured corned beef went in this morning. Carrots added around noon. Potatoes in process. The soda bread is purchased though.

Baby Thank You GIF

10 Likes

Ah! I knew I forget something! Still! It’ll be good…

9 Likes

I saw the Dulce butter on a travel show about Ireland. Toasting the dulce in a pan seems work the best.

5 Likes

5 Likes

a bartender who’s made more than 5 million of them.

In a row!!! :grimacing:

Looks amazing!

For my butter to go with my bread, I just made a garlic butter with some parsley!

6 Likes

Can’t remember when I last made pudding! Decades ago, I’m sure. Here we have both chocolate pudding and coconut pudding. Mmmm. And what’s that on top? Well, you could call them “cookie pieces”…but they are really a rescued failed cream cheese pound cake.

The pound cake recipe promised “perfect every time”…LOL! Mine was the poster child for the old advice of “Never try out a new recipe for company” :laughing: It ran over, didn’t come out of the pan, and wasn’t done in the center.

As I had $20+ into the ingredients for it, I wanted to try to do something with it. So I trimmed off the outside which was a little too done, cut the middle up, and toasted it like croutons. Came out tasting a lot like Nilla Wafers cookies—hence the craving for some pudding arose :smile:

14 Likes

Great save! Great idea.
By the way, my favorite bread is toast.
So this makes good sense to me. :wink:

7 Likes

March 18th is international recycling day, so it’s appropriate. Pound cake croutons sound yummy, I’ve repurposed imperfect or leftover cakes/cookies into bread pudding, when I wasn’t sure what else to do with it.

7 Likes

Doesn’t matter. Had cake.

8 Likes

Challah French toast.

9 Likes

Last 24 hours.
Irish coffees, Korean style ribs, Lion mane mushrooms sautéed in olive oil and butter.
I love weekend cooking!

13 Likes

Breakfast pizza!

12 Likes

That is an abomination against God, nature, and mankind.

I must have one.

10 Likes