Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 2)

It came from Ms. Pane’s grandmother and is a treasure to us.

9 Likes

I bet those eggs actually taste better form that plate.

5 Likes

Pretty sure they do!

4 Likes

Do any of you all celebrate Saint Patrick’s day with food you never eat any other day?

5 Likes

Kyrie Irving What GIF by Brooklyn Nets

5 Likes

Nope. I have a food allergy that precludes me from eating most commercially-available corned beef/pastrami, so I get some that does not contain the allergen and make a full Irish boiled dinner every year.

6 Likes

Seth Meyers Idk GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Conor Mckenna Ireland GIF by Foil Arms and Hog

5 Likes

As an aside, Roy Wood Jr >>> Kyrie Irving.

3 Likes

Oh Yeah Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

3 Likes

Keenan Thompson also >>> Kyrie Irving.

3 Likes

Oh Yeah GIF

3 Likes

Lemon-Lime-Hibiscus Liquer in the making.

10 Likes

Galaktoboureko, waiting for the syrup to soak in.

ETA photo of cut slices

13 Likes

Truly a thing of beauty!

6 Likes

Thomas Middleditch Reaction GIF by CBS

I was pretty happy with the way it turned out, although the syrup was a bit on the thin side. But my teeth ache, and that’s the relevant metric for any Greek dessert.

13 Likes

from Jefe’s Fermentation Station™ new bottles of hot pickles and hotter sauces (all ingredients homegrown):

l - r:
pickled mustard leaf,
red chile garlic sauce (like sriracha without sugar),
habanero pineapple sauce,
five spice serrano sauce.

there are more chili pastes and sauces aging in quart jars with whiskey barrel oak chunks. those won’t be ready for several months or longer, if i can leave it alone! this is the first attempt at “oaking” a sauce. see what happens, i guess. i can always grow more!

16 Likes

Taste the rainbow!
Those look beautiful. :rainbow:

10 Likes

Do you plasti-seal the bottles?

6 Likes

I wanted to ask, but I didn’t know how to put it into words. I’m glad you asked about it!

7 Likes

yes, they are heat-shrink bottle neckers on what is called “woozy bottles”.
sterilize bottles, pour, close with serilized cap and seal with necker and heat gun.
tomorrow i will print labels. next week i will give (most) to some pepperhead pals (i get some Trinidadian scorpion sauce in return. also some free beer at the marina and more fresh fish and lobster from a fishing buddy).
life is good. that’s why i do it.

17 Likes