Happy Socks make it cool to be a sock person

Really? What’s special about 'em?

Robust, comfy, long-lasting (like, years), and in extremis, can be taken off, put back on upside-down, and you’ve got a clean layer between your foot and your boot for another 48hrs easy. I’ve got a few pairs of good quality woolen hiking socks as well, but they ain’t a patch on British Army-spec ones.

3 Likes

That’s what toesox are for:

and some other companies such as sockdreams offer tabi socks, which are designed for use with sandals.

2 Likes

The imagined discomfort of the sock in the flip-flop is why i agree with @daneel here. This works. :thumbsup:

1 Like

you can still let your personality shine around the ankles

Hey, let’s leave my underwear out of this!

This past year was the first time I wore actual shoes in maybe 20-25 years, apart from bicycling shoes. Instead I have tended to wear calf or knee high boots. I have never understood the workplace style of suits with high-water pants, high-water chinos, etc. My fashion sense has been that if I am wearing trousers, I wear boots, so my socks are not visible. With the amount of bullshit that office politics require one to wade through, aren’t tall boots more appropriate than oxfords or (ack) loafers?

But what has changed my mind has been yoga and tae kwon do, as through practice I became aware that my feet had gotten stiff and weak. So I have been going barefoot more often.

1 Like

Another good all-around sock site is Joy Of Socks. They have a wider selection of socks, from fun to practical.

Two specific sock brands I’ve had good success with are Teko, whose socks are really well made and durable, and World’s Softest, which aren’t as durable but are wonderfully warm and comfortable.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.