Harlequin Creature: a zine where every copy is individually hand-typed by volunteers

And yet a sculpture carved from poured plaster does not demonstrate the same technique as a the exact same shaped laboriously chiseled from nigh-unyielding granite. Is the content the same?

Back when I wrote (and I mean really writing writing, not just writing) I wrote in notebooks, on manual typewriters, and on a computer (WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS FTW!). All three of them are entirely separate media, and engender a different workflow and process. While the differences may not be as profound as between those of plaster and granite, the differences still differed. Not the least the linear pretty-much-uncorrectible aspect of typewritten texts.

The medium is the massage, @mike_robinson. [cf.]

This is why live theater is declining, and people buy “Tiffany” lamps at WalMart.

hmm, I went to elementary school in the early 1980s-- and xerography seemed so much more reliable.
But perhaps I’m confusing them with ditto machines with the purple ink.

Paging Walter Benjamin; pick up the mechanically-reproduced white courtesy telephone, please.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.