Harriet Tubman on the $20?

She should smile more.

2 Likes

The reverse of the current (2013) $2 has 47 people in it.

3 Likes

They were going to put her on the $10, but then realized that doing so would completely screw up Lazy Sunday.

1 Like

So, when is Prince getting on? We thought with all of the recent hoopla that heĀ“d be being considered already.

except the Choctaw, Creek, Chickasaw, Seminole, Cherokee. Chippewa, Ottawa, Muskogee and/or Potawatomi.

2 Likes

I kept waiting for BB to make this a blog post. Why didnā€™t they make this an official post? I submitted it then I go tired of not posting it and was going to make a post, but then I searched first and found this.

Personally, I think it is a great choice. Frustratingly, there are people who think Obama is behind the change and they hate anything Obama does. If Obama gave a press conference and encouraged Americans to all take large, deep breaths to promote getting oxygen to the blood and brain, you would have people holding their breaths.

Anyway, negativity aside, I think it is a great choice. Heck I think it considers both sides of the political spectrum in itā€™s appeal (freedom loving, gun toting, Christian Republican? Who would have thought?)

Actually, one of her guns and a sword still survives and is on display.

Personally, I think we should start to rotate our money designs more often, honor more non-politicians, and/or honor IDEALS vs actual people.

Some examples of the past:

8 Likes

I agree, for a relatively young country itā€™s amazing how resistant Americans are to updating our currency to include subject matter thatā€™s less than 150 years old.

2 Likes

I think Iā€™m going to have to find a few dozen of your gun posts to spread the love, because weā€™re only allowed to like this specific post once!

3 Likes

I think itā€™s because weā€™re such a young country. We donā€™t have a thousand years of tradition behind us, so we cling desperately to any ā€œtraditionsā€ we manage to create. Anything weā€™ve done for 50 years is an immutable fact of our culture and should never be changed!

Iā€™ve sometimes thought that this will be the biggest bar to Puerto Rican statehood. We canā€™t add a state now! Weā€™ve got such a nice round number! 50 states, thatā€™s how we do America!

6 Likes

Wouldnā€™t we just need to get rid of one at the same time? Iā€™m sure we can think of some candidatesā€¦

5 Likes

Surely we donā€™t really need TWO Carolinas.

4 Likes

What if one gets broken? Helps to have a back up. Also, itā€™s like having two Dennyā€™s in town.

http://movie-sounds.org/tv-series-sound-clips/sound-clips-from-family-guy-s2e3-da-boom/and-two-denny-s-so-we-can-say-let-s-not-go-to-that-one-let-s-go-to-the-good-one

Are you kidding? One is ALREADY broken! Have you seen the state of South Carolina lately - itā€™s already broken ā€¦ and with that recent dumbass bathroom law, the GOOD Carolina is looking sort of sketchy, yeah?

1 Like

1 Like

Iā€™m totally down with more designs, but only if they are in the Art Nouveau or Romanticism style. None of this modern stuff that the EU seems to love. Also, I demand a return to nudity on money - thoughā€¦ maybe not any of the Presidents. Except maybe Franklin Pierce, JFK or Obama.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s a Hawaiian $20. Puppies!

Oh, hereā€™s a fiver, because cows:

4 Likes

fingers crossed they donā€™t make the bills pink as well.
gendering it, i mean.

I imagine theyā€™ll keep some version of the current color scheme, in which Lincolnā€™s the pink-'un.

ETA: I wonder when theyā€™ll finally let George out of that frame and give him a little color like everybody else.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 303 days. New replies are no longer allowed.