Harrowing video shows New Jersey cops beating up pinned teen

The trend is toward using hands rather than non-lethal weapons to gain compliance. Spray and tasers out, knuckles in. I’m guessing here that it’s because the use of weapons has quantitive implictions—assets used, special paperwork, procedural triggers—that amount to accountability ‘protocols’ that can be avoided by sticking to using fists. I’m guessing that fists makes it much less likely that the use of force will be scrutinized. Just guesses.

2 Likes

We train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won’t allow them to write “f***” on their airplanes because it’s obscene!

-Colonel Kurtz

The few comments I could bear to read on that YouTube link (they get repetitive pretty quickly) seem to be about half “his behavior doesn’t change the cops’ actual job” with “scumbag got what’s coming to him” a close second and then some fairly off-the-rails stuff. In other words, you may actually have underestimated the general public!

2 Likes

Remind me again which party has authority over the police of New Jersey?

The problem is bigger than just the GOP. White supremacy and authoritarian brutality is utterly bipartisan.

1 Like

I don’t ponder anymore on the question of whether or not cops worry about the general public hating them. I don’t think they care two fucks about it, and they just readily give into their personal delight when beating up helpless people. They are monsters… and proud of it.

Why would they care what “the perps” think?

The problem (well… one of the multitude of problems…) is the “us vs them” “thin blue line” “you’re either a cop or a perp” mindset. Combine that with a faux military mindset, and you’ve got a bunch of steroided up a-holes who brainwash themselves into thinking that they’re literally f-ing going to war against a hostile enemy every day.

Really?

So what’s going on between 0:03 and 0:20 in the video?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.