Harry Dean Stanton dead at 91

One of my all time favorite movie scenes. Wild at Heart, the look on his face, he knows exactly what is at the end of this long lonely drive.

Damnit

12 Likes

Damn

4 Likes

Rest in peace harry.

8 Likes

I think he has always strange and intense and vulnerable and charming on the screen. I hope he enjoyed his time on Earth.

3 Likes

He still has it after all these years.

8 Likes

Are you sure it’s not Harry Dean Stankwell? :smile:

2 Likes

Don’t forget the Care Bears movie :smiley:

1 Like

the link in the video shows a mixtape too

I first noticed him in Repo Man as a kid then over time began to recognize him in so many different movies. Seems no matter what role he played no matter how big or small he put everything into it.

Thanks for all your work HDS!

5 Likes

:cry:

5 Likes

That’s him on he left.

7 Likes

…not forgetting the attribute in ‘I Want That Man’ by debbie harry

https://play.google.com/store/music/album?id=Baykw2fdvfcl3j4jpzk4ubzoq2q&tid=song-Tgjr7mitfwyoncdjdoermejluha

3 Likes

For films made from now on, the Stanton Proposition will be provably false.

The Stanton Proposition, of course, is the statement:
In any movie of quality which has an ensemble cast, there will always be at least one Harry Dean Stanton present.

Kelly’s Heroes (1970)

9 Likes
2 Likes

f

2 Likes

He really should have won an Oscar (or at least gotten a nomination) for “Paris, Texas.”

The first 30 minutes of the film he says not a single word, and it’s some of the best acting I’ve ever seen.

3 Likes

Just watched “Pretty in Pink” last night with my 16-yr-old daughter. We agreed: HDS played a great dad. Thoughtful, sensitive, imperfect but making an effort, and vulnerable without being needy.

Thanks Harry.

3 Likes

"Look at those assholes, ordinary fucking people. I hate 'em. "

1 Like

Another great role:

1 Like