Have you ever seen a rabbit swim?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/08/have-you-ever-seen-a-rabbit-swim.html

6 Likes

14 Likes

Only in Watership Down.

5 Likes

I think Jimmy Carter has…

25 Likes

No, but I have seen a peanut stand, heard a rubber band, seen a needle that winked it’s eye…

11 Likes

Yes… (circa 1987) I was driving home during a storm, on a 2-lane road with a drainage ditch on either side. The ditch on one side, at least, had filled with water. I was waiting at a light, & a rabbit hopped across the road (with the light) and jumped into the full ditch. I thought, “oh no! The bunny!” But then its head popped up from the surface, & it swam the couple of feet to the other side, climbed its way out & hopped into the brush.

13 Likes

Came here hoping someone would have mentioned Jimmy Carter

Left not disappointed

9 Likes

This was my first thought.

images (8)

8 Likes

I mean, they’re basically tiny, long-eared capybaras, right?

8 Likes

Saw a front porch swing, heard a diamond ring?

10 Likes

An absolute classic of old Disney animation :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, if you ignore the racism.

7 Likes

Schitts Creek Reaction GIF by CBC

3 Likes

PSA: Never, ever try to give a rabbit a bath, or try to make them swim. In addition to the other risks mentioned above, they can also get hypothermia and die.

If your pet rabbit does get wet, don’t try to blow dry it. Gently blot the wetness out of its fur and provide it a nice warm spot to air dry.

Keep our furry friends safe and healthy!

8 Likes

Most every mammal can swim. Its just that plenty prefer not to.

5 Likes

Real Housewives Sigh GIF

5 Likes

(there’s speculation it was a Nutria, much more likely to act the way the “bunny” did…)

OK, but if it’s so problematic for the rabbit, then why did this one do it? Nothing was chasing it, and it turned around and came back just fine.

1 Like

I realize that you claim to be a “Magical Fox”; but I still don’t feel too sanguine about taking rabbit advice from a fox.:smile:

Look at that ear action!

“Entering water, Captain; we are feet wet.”
“Engage thrusters, #1. Retract sonar apparatus.”

5 Likes