Have you opened the reply window and CLICKED ✨ THIS ✨

<whimper>

Update: 2 hikers die, 1 missing, on Tucson trails as temps spike to 115-plus

1 Like

Maybe you could tell a little story with this…

[details=hedgie]

[details=squirrel]

[details=hamster]

[details=Guinea pig]

[details=Pug]

[details=Monkey]

[details=Goldfish]

[details=ET]

[/details][/details][/details][/details][/details][/details][/details][/details]

15 Likes

But I wanted to SEE your animated gif!

1 Like

Triggered!

3 Likes

Yes, but not everyone does! :wink: See below! Er… above… er… between our posts!

This is a blurry poll:

Summary
  • Yes, this is a poll
  • No, its a hamster.
  • Trick question, poles are longer.
  • Lets get tacos.

0 voters

1 Like

Hence the spoiler blurring! :wink:

Oh for the love of god please don’t make it simpler to make polls.

10 Likes

Why’s that?

• Because it narrows nuanced discussion down to a mere checkbox, a limited choice of replies, symptomatic of the lack of in-depth knowledge of the greater issues.
  • Because it democratizes poll-building, something previously only available to those who had spent the time searching for that information.
  • Because they’re visually annoying and disruptive blocks that attract a focus on the “comedy” option to the detriment of discussion.
  • Tacos! Let’s get Tacos!

0 voters

3 Likes

No, seriously, I can’t figure out how to see it. Some days (years?) my brain doesn’t work well.

3 Likes

an undocumented vi emulation mode would be nice.
:wq

You’re not the only one. I just get a chunk of whitespace.

3 Likes

It might not be you. I’ve found images with spoilers sometimes refuse to open for me. It seems to be pretty random.

Try opening a reply to @Mindysan33’s post, and then hit the “Quote whole post” button, and see if it shows up in the quoted reply.

It’s worked for me sometimes but I have no idea why.

Any thoughts @codinghorror?

5 Likes

You forgot the, “Because when they build up in threads sometimes some users’ browsers crash or get the spins,” option.

4 Likes

Yup, that worked for me, thanks!

Strangely, scrolling up from your post to hers, for a brief moment I saw the spoilerized gif, and then it disappeared. Maybe a ghost image from having it included in your post?

Maybe a ghost image from having it included in your post?

I don’t think it’s related. The “spoilerd” images reload when you scroll back to the post.

1 Like

You’re absolutely right. Perhaps I should I start another poll as the edit window has passed for it.
Or should I open a poll to see if I actually need to start another poll? Perhaps there too many polls in this thread already? If there was only some way of gauging public opinion…

Joking apart, yeah. That’s also a really valid reason.

5 Likes

I rather enjoy making polls, but have tried to cut back since they seem to make some people’s browsers break. Maybe that’s been fixed now, though?

###Are polls still broken?

• No, damn you :angry:
  • Yeah, it’s all good :smile:
  • Some of the above :maple_leaf:
  • None of the above :no_entry_sign:
  • All of the above :rainbow:
  • Tacos sound really good right now. :taco: :taco: :taco:

0 voters

2 Likes

Is this why we can’t have nice things? If I touch my scroll wheel in that whatever-it-is, it kills my browser window instantly.

[Edit: this is referring to a post that’s been deleted here but reincarnated in Japh’s new Games thread, not the polls. Looks like @codinghorror has fixed the browser-killer polls-- they cause me no problems now.]

5 Likes

OTOH, it looks like it could be technically possible to implement Minesweeper within the BBS…

7 Likes