Head honcho of Louis Vuitton, Moet & Hennessy attacks Greta Thunberg at corporate environmental event

5 Likes

Well, I guess it is genuine catastrophism when what you are describing is a genuine catastrophe. I would read this as rich guys who cater to rich guys saying "no biggie, we will be fine. Who is this peon to question our wealth? " Their grandchildren will curse them.

14 Likes

Is there a Gucci-branded guillotine?

10 Likes

It’ll be fine.

7 Likes

Louis Vuitton, Moët, and Hennessy are owned by the same company (LVMH), but Gucci is a completely different company. Gucci and Louis Vuitton are staunch competitors and Gucci is Italian, not French.

(Just providing a pedantic correction, doesn’t change the substance of the linked article.)

I guess his point that action speaks louder than words is valid, but he’s also one of the world’s richest people and has the ability to make a tangible difference. Thunberg is a 16 year old kid, her words are her action.

15 Likes

It’s Thunberg, not Grunberg?

3 Likes

Sorry about that. I just fixed it,

3 Likes

What an asshole; put his name near the top of the list.

7 Likes

Except that if it hadn’t been for the words of many, many “alarmist” activists over decades, M. Arnault would not have felt any need to hold his “sustainability event”, or offer even token initiatives towards dealing with the crisis.

6 Likes

Aye; his own “actions” speak volumes.

4 Likes

Agreed and words matter. Simply saying, “fuck you, do something” is typical privileged BS.

3 Likes

Ahem…

Christ, what an arrogant, hyperprivileged, out of touch, condescending, fuckheaded asshole.

10 Likes

everybody can say that

makes more sense when somebody who can’t do anything says it to somebody who can do something

like a teenager talking to the UN

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.