"Heal Hitler" is a new video game where you try to stop genocide with psychotherapy

16 Likes

I watched the trailer - so insanely terrible. Among other horrible things is the atrocious german accent of the actor playing Hitler. You couldn’t find someone who spoke German to voice the character? I wonder why not? On yeah, because most decent Germans probably wouldn’t want to be within a million miles of this project.

Also, Wagner’s “Ride of the Valkyries” plays underneath, creating more ambiguity as to the intentions of this nasty, crappy little game.

11 Likes

Aegis, who identifies as a “centrist and a capitalist,”

wow, a centrist and capitalist who wants us to empathize with hitler? who would have thought?

on another note, i’m mildly curious about how horribly wrong this gets the entire process (and outcome) of psychotherapy.

5 Likes

Portail of Hitler and the nazis in videogames is still quite controversial in Germany; the game might not even be legal there (there are exceptions for the portail of nazi symbols in art, but games couldn’t even qualify for that until very recently).

4 Likes

I feel like this premise may have merit, but would be better explored in a non-interactive medium like a book or movie.

Aegis, who identifies as a “centrist and a capitalist ,”

Hegel remarks somewhere that all great world-historic facts and personages appear, so to speak, twice. He forgot to add: the first time as tragedy, the second time as farce.

Karl Marx - The Eighteenth Brumaire of Louis Napoleon

6 Likes

There are other outdated treatment modalities to consider.

“ The first significant foray into psychosurgery in the twentieth century was conducted by the Portuguese neurologist Egas Moniz who during the mid-1930s developed the operation known as leucotomy. The practice was enthusiastically taken up in the United States by the neuropsychiatristWalter Freeman and the neurosurgeon James W. Watts who devised what became the standard prefrontal procedure and named their operative technique lobotomy,”

7 Likes

Wilhelm Reich was also active in psychiatry at the time too.

11 Likes

True, but the lobotomy is more effective in this singular case.

5 Likes

If it was a serious game, you would choose another dictator. Like a one of the roman dictators who didn’t give up power.

As it is I would assume this is an attempt at selling whitewashing.

5 Likes

This is utter bullshit. On more than one level.

9 Likes

If Hitler had gotten effective therapy when young, the world might have been a better place, but it’s a bit late for that now.

Plan B is much more satisfying:
clean

7 Likes

1925 was too late as well. If we are to play along with the premise of the game he would have had to have been treated before WW1.

13 Likes
6 Likes

Prevent 6 million deaths? Don’t you mean 75 (give or take) million deaths?

A small amount of iron fillings snuff, and an MRI.

That’d sort him out.

2 Likes

Obligs…

17 Likes
11 Likes

That’s a bit far fetched.

/J

1 Like

http://viruscomix.com/page382.html

17 Likes