"Heal Hitler" is a new video game where you try to stop genocide with psychotherapy

If you do it before 26 June 1907 (or immediately afterwards), then the Bolsheviks would be very grateful.

7 Likes

Where is the “Hitler Reacts to Heal Hitler” video?

2 Likes

To ignore 2,000 years of a cultural milieu, heavily permeated by a ‘new testament’ that consistently blames the Jews for killing the Christian Messiah, and which was repeatedly used to promote historic genocides, is a fundamental error in any approach towards understanding these obscenities.

6 Likes

Is there actually any evidence that therapy can heal sociopathy?
(edit: removed speculation on current political figure’s mental health)

4 Likes

Sociopathy is not a diagnosis for a mental illness, rather it is is several mental illnesses with differing outcomes after treatment.

I am not going to attempt to armchair diagnose Hitler, I think I would do less harm to my brain by punching myself in the head 100 times.

12 Likes

This has always been a weird obsession for some, trying to “diagnosis” Hitler. I think it comes out of the “Great Man of History” mindset when discussing problem within modern societies. They think if we could just fix certain leaders, then we would not have horrific events like the Holocaust… thing aren’t that simple, though.

16 Likes

Sure, and all Richard the Third needed was a good massage therapist.

5 Likes
8 Likes

Sounds more like euphemisms for someone too scared to say, “I’m a Hitler loving fascist!”

5 Likes

Essentially if not for communist politics, Stalin would have been the Georgian Al Capone

5 Likes

Schultz! What are you trying to get me into now?

4 Likes

I would not be interested in playing a role in helping Hitler succeed in anything, except maybe off’ing himself.

“Jungina and Freudian psychology” is one of the worst things non one is talking about.

3 Likes

Back on topic:
After mulling this over for a bit I’d say this reeks of a certain school of thinking I have come across a couple of times in my life. There’s no catchy name for it, but their reasoning goes along the lines of
"Now look here, Hitler wasn’t all bad. In fact, if he hadn’t done that thing, you know, that thing with the Jews, he’d been totally cool. He was right about Stalin, wasn’t he? There would have been a war anyway, so what’s the fuss. Also, the Autobahn and sea cruise holidays for workers."

8 Likes

Not a game I would play. The concept is weird and badly executed and there is no reason whatsoever to make it about Hitler other than marketing. But the controversy around it is still telling to me.

A common fallacy with historical people many people make it that they see them a single entity and judge the younger person by the standards of the older. A good example is how people are amazed the young unmarried girl that would later be Queen Victoria liked balls! Yeah, really, rich young woman likes to dance and party, quel surprise. :confused:

Another is of course Henry VIII whose young bright-eyed-boy version was very different from the cynical, manipulating #%@$@$$# he would become. Read a good biography about H8 and QV and they will explain why they became those people we know.

Same with Hitler, although I admit he is an extreme example for this argument the young boy he was was not the monster he would become. He would know war, trauma, death, injury, loss, poverty… and that damaged something in him.

Now I doubt a few therapy sessions would help, and there were certainly more worthy people suffering in post-WWI Germany that needed help and there must have been a seed of the evil he would become in the boy, but I cannot believe it would be impossible for a time traveller if such a thing could exist to stop him from becoming what he did without killing him.

I am also certain it would not have made a huge difference. You can’t put a whole continent on the psychiatry couch after all.

Famous leaders like Hitler are just the top of a huge boil of pus and sickness in a society. If not them someone else would have done something similar. Without Hitler Germany would still have been a huge ungovernable poverty stricken mess and Fascism would still have taken hold. (People always forget about Italy and Mussolini…) The seeds of WWII were created on the fields of France in WWI and there is not one single person you can blame to make your understanding of history easier to digest.

You can’t explain history with simple good or evil Great People doing good and evil things. History is about humanity and humans and how they act and work. There is economy, trade, sociology, race, politics, law… You think you can understand fascist Germany just by blaming one man? How about a little CRT?

4 Likes

Reminds me of

5 Likes

Right - take out his whole ruling cadre. 2,000 people should do it.

Hail Hydra!

4 Likes

Kind of! There’s this fancy magnetic stim. treatment you need all of one of to treat stuff, but a couple of hours and an MRI are required. Plus diagnosis and tips and you know, greeting cards.

4 Likes

The “John Gill Argument”.

2 Likes

I’ve seen arguments that Hitler’s “economic miracle” was a myth: That he inherited an economy that was already recovering, added sugar by seizing assets and property, and probably would have crashed if they hadn’t started annexing to keep the Ponzi scheme going.

1 Like